Three Arizona Cardinals named Pro Bowlers
Linebacker John Abraham, cornerback Patrick Peterson and special teams ace Justin Bethel will all be participating in the annual Pro Bowl January 26 in Honolulu.
Peterson is making his third Pro Bowl appearance in as many years in the league, and his second as a cornerback. The former LSU star has 40 total tackles, three interceptions and 16 passes defended.
Abraham, who signed with the Cardinals back in July, has 35 tackles and 11.5 sacks on the season, including three multi-sack performances. For the 14-year pro, it will be his fifth appearance in the Pro Bowl.
Bethel, a second-year pro out of Presbyterian, is making his first Pro Bowl appearance. The 23-year-old has excelled in special teams, primarily as a gunner on punt coverage.
All three players are eligible for the Pro Bowl draft, a new format for the NFL's version of the All-Star Game. Instead of their being squads comprised of NFC and AFC stars, players will be drafted in a schoolyard-style draft with Hall of Famers Jerry Rice and Deion Sanders serving as captains.
Wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald, defensive end Calais Campbell, defensive tackle Darnell Dockett and Daryl Washington were named alternates.
- Thoughts on the 2014 Arizona Cardinals schedule
- Arizona Cardinals president Michael Bidwill on schedule: NFL 'gave us a lot of respect'
- Arizona Cardinals' 2014 schedule released
- Arizona Cardinals to host Big Red Rib & Music Festival
- Arizona Cardinals' Daryl Washington now has a two-strike count on him
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals president - Thursday April 24What goes into the Cardinalsí draft preparation?
- Mark Schlereth, ESPN NFL analyst - Tuesday April 22ESPN NFL analyst Mark Schlereth talks about the NFL Draft.
- Terry McDonough, Cardinals VP of player personnel - Tuesday April 22Who will the Cardinals draft with their first-round pick?
- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals wide receiver - Tuesday April 22How are the Cardinals getting better in the offseason?
- Derek Carr- Fresno State quarterback - Monday April 21Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr talks about the NFL Draft.