Three Arizona Cardinals named Pro Bowlers
Linebacker John Abraham, cornerback Patrick Peterson and special teams ace Justin Bethel will all be participating in the annual Pro Bowl January 26 in Honolulu.
Peterson is making his third Pro Bowl appearance in as many years in the league, and his second as a cornerback. The former LSU star has 40 total tackles, three interceptions and 16 passes defended.
Abraham, who signed with the Cardinals back in July, has 35 tackles and 11.5 sacks on the season, including three multi-sack performances. For the 14-year pro, it will be his fifth appearance in the Pro Bowl.
Bethel, a second-year pro out of Presbyterian, is making his first Pro Bowl appearance. The 23-year-old has excelled in special teams, primarily as a gunner on punt coverage.
All three players are eligible for the Pro Bowl draft, a new format for the NFL's version of the All-Star Game. Instead of their being squads comprised of NFC and AFC stars, players will be drafted in a schoolyard-style draft with Hall of Famers Jerry Rice and Deion Sanders serving as captains.
Wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald, defensive end Calais Campbell, defensive tackle Darnell Dockett and Daryl Washington were named alternates.
- Arizona Cardinals teammates react to Patrick Peterson's contract extension
- Patrick Peterson's new contract compared to other top NFL cornerbacks
- Notes from the Nest: July 29, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals, Patrick Peterson agree on extension
- Arizona Cardinals' Deone Bucannon supplies the highlight of Tuesday's practice
- Justin Bethel, Cardinals cornerback - Tuesday July 29Justin Bethel discusses his role on special teams and how training camp has gone so far.
- Pete Prisco, Senior NFL Columnist - Tuesday July 29Senior NFL columnist for CBS Pete Prisco shares his thoughts on how the Cardinals stack against othe
- Stepfan Taylor, Cardinals running back - Tuesday July 29Cardinals running back Stepfan Taylor talks training camp and his expanded role on offense.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Monday July 28Lorenzo Alexander gives his take on replacing Daryl Washington and praises former teammate London Fl
- Darren Urban, Arizona Cardinals reporter - Monday July 28Cardinals reporter Darren Urban discusses team improvements and which player he thinks will have a b