The Pulse: Karlos Dansby voted the most important Cardinal on defense
The question for Thursday, Dec. 26 was, "Who is the most important member of the Cardinals' defense?"
With six options from which to choose and 729 people voting, Arizona Sports readers chose linebacker Karlos Dansby as the most important player on defense. He wasn't the overwhelming pick, but he garnered 39 percent of the vote.
The 10-year veteran has accumulated 109 total tackles, 6.5 sacks and four interceptions (including two returned for touchdowns) on the season.
Defensive end Calais Campbell (28 percent) and linebacker Daryl Washington (20 percent) also got a significant amount of votes in the poll.
Cornerback Patrick Peterson gained 8 percent of all votes, while 4 percent of voters chose defensive end Darnell Dockett and 2 percent took linebacker John Abraham.
The Cardinals play their final game of the regular season Sunday at 2:25 p.m. at University of Phoenix Stadium against the San Francisco 49ers.
- Arizona Cardinals kicker Jay Feely 'grateful' for chance to keep kicking
- Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Michael Floyd to make preseason debut Sunday vs. Bengals
- Report: Arizona Cardinals to work out Isaac Sopoaga
- Arizona Cardinals RB Andre Ellington excited to see more action in next preseason game
- Arizona Cardinals safety Tyrann Mathieu, nose tackle Alameda Ta'amu activated from PUP list
- Kent Somers- azcentral sports Cardinals beat writer - Tuesday August 19Kent Somers discusses how the Cardinals plan to fill the hole left by the Darnell Dockett injury.
- Larry Fitzgerald- Cardinals receiver - Tuesday August 19Larry Fitzgerald explains the value of Darnell Dockett to the Arizona Cardinals franchise.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 19The weather in Phoenix matches the mood as Darnell Dockett is done for the season.
- Dave Pasch, NFL and college football analyst - Tuesday August 19Dave Pasch discusses the Cardinals losing Darnell Dockett for the season.
- Frank Caliendo, comedian & impressionist - Tuesday August 19Frank Caliendo makes us laugh and we count how many famous names he drops in his stories!