ProFootballFocus: Four Cardinals players worthy of making the Pro Bowl
According to PFF's Pro Bowl team, defensive end Calais Campbell and special teams standout Justin Bethel would be starters for the NFC, while cornerback Patrick Peterson and linebacker Karlos Dansby would make the trip as reserves.
Of the four, only Peterson has made a Pro Bowl -- as a return specialist in 2011 and cornerback in 2012. Campbell has 53 tackles and a career-high tying eight sacks on the year, while Dansby, who PFF called "criminally underrated," has made a case to not only be a Pro Bowler but a Defensive Player of the Year candidate. The 10-year veteran has 117 tackles, 6.5 sacks and a career-high four interceptions -- two of which have gone for touchdowns.
As for Bethel, he's been somewhat of a revelation for coach Amos Jones, leading Arizona with 19 total special teams tackles.
Simply put there isn't another special teamer like Bethel and our look at special teams units in more detail this year has really bore that out.
In 2012, the Cardinals sent just three players -- Daryl Washington, Larry Fitzgerald and Peterson -- to the Pro Bowl.
- Arizona Cardinals' Deone Bucannon supplies the highlight of Tuesday's practice
- Arizona Cardinals RB Stepfan Taylor 'expecting more of a role' in 2014
- Arizona Cardinals training camp: Carson Chats - July 29, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals training camp: All-Access with Bruce Arians - July 29, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals rookie John Brown continues to impress while ignoring the hype
- Justin Bethel, Cardinals cornerback - Tuesday July 29Justin Bethel discusses his role on special teams and how training camp has gone so far.
- Pete Prisco, Senior NFL Columnist - Tuesday July 29Senior NFL columnist for CBS Pete Prisco shares his thoughts on how the Cardinals stack against othe
- Stepfan Taylor, Cardinals running back - Tuesday July 29Cardinals running back Stepfan Taylor talks training camp and his expanded role on offense.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Monday July 28Lorenzo Alexander gives his take on replacing Daryl Washington and praises former teammate London Fl
- Darren Urban, Arizona Cardinals reporter - Monday July 28Cardinals reporter Darren Urban discusses team improvements and which player he thinks will have a b