ProFootballFocus: Four Cardinals players worthy of making the Pro Bowl
According to PFF's Pro Bowl team, defensive end Calais Campbell and special teams standout Justin Bethel would be starters for the NFC, while cornerback Patrick Peterson and linebacker Karlos Dansby would make the trip as reserves.
Of the four, only Peterson has made a Pro Bowl -- as a return specialist in 2011 and cornerback in 2012. Campbell has 53 tackles and a career-high tying eight sacks on the year, while Dansby, who PFF called "criminally underrated," has made a case to not only be a Pro Bowler but a Defensive Player of the Year candidate. The 10-year veteran has 117 tackles, 6.5 sacks and a career-high four interceptions -- two of which have gone for touchdowns.
As for Bethel, he's been somewhat of a revelation for coach Amos Jones, leading Arizona with 19 total special teams tackles.
Simply put there isn't another special teamer like Bethel and our look at special teams units in more detail this year has really bore that out.
In 2012, the Cardinals sent just three players -- Daryl Washington, Larry Fitzgerald and Peterson -- to the Pro Bowl.
- Despite interest from Cardinals, linebacker James Harrison retires
- Arizona Cardinals coach Arians: Logan Thomas as expected, has 'a good future'
- Arizona Cardinals coach Bruce Arians confirms James Harrison interest
- Arizona Cardinals coach Arians on Tyrann Mathieu's progress: 'We'll see how he tackles'
- Report: Bengals cornerback fined for hit on Arizona Cardinals' Ted Ginn
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 29The Arizona Cardinals and San Diego Chargers played one of the most pointless games in NFL history l
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.