Updated Dec 23, 2013 - 8:46 am
Arizona Cardinals GM Steve Keim: Arians is 'my Coach of the Year'
They went into CenturyLink Field in Seattle and beat the Seahawks 17-10 -- a feat not accomplished since the San Francisco 49ers did it on Christmas Eve of 2011.
The win was the latest chapter in the story of the 2013 Cardinals -- one penned in part by new general manager Steve Keim, who restructured the team's roster and coaching staff following a wretched 5-11 campaign in 2012.
Monday morning on The Doug and Wolf Show on Arizona Sports 620, Keim deflected a lot of the credit toward first-year head coach Bruce Arians.
"He's my coach of the year, I can tell you that," Keim said. "To do what he's done with so many roster moves -- and I'm talking about 191 roster moves since January, playing with 11 new starters out of 22 -- and to take guys off the street every week, whether it's been Teddy Williams or Brittan Golden or Marcus Benard, and to play with those guys and have success with them, he continues to recycle players that we've pulled off the street and has had success with them."
Arians, who won the AP Coach of the Year Award in 2012 for his excellent work on an interim basis with the Indianapolis Colts, figures to be a prime candidate to become the first back-to-back winner since Joe Gibbs of the Washington Redskins in 1982 and 1983.
"I'd put him up with against anybody because of the amount of moves that we've made and the changes we've made from a roster standpoint in the offseason."
Vince Marotta, Co-host - Bickley & Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona Cardinals linebacker Larry Foote says defense is good enough to overcome Darnell Dockett injury
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 22, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals' DE Calais Campbell: Dockett injury 'sucks,' others need to step up
- A game-time decision, Jonathan Cooper going through learning experience with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals RB Andre Ellington bulks up in anticipation of harder hits this season
- Peter King, SI.com senior NFL writer - Friday August 22Peter King thinks Carson Palmer could have a big year for the Cardinals.
- Michael Floyd, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 22Michael Floyd says he thinks he can be the best wide receiver in the NFL.
- Jared Veldheer, Cardinals tackle - Friday August 22Jared Veldheer talks about his road from a Division II college to the NFL.
- Bob McManaman- Arizona Republic senior sportswriter - Friday August 22Bob McManaman believes that Jay Feely is in danger of getting cut from the Cardinals.
- Andre Ellington- Cardinals running back - Friday August 22Andre Ellington looks forward to a break out year with the Arizona Cardinals.