ProFootballFocus: Cardinals' Justin Bethel should be in the Pro Bowl
The special teams ace with a knack for making plays is getting national attention, this time from ProFootballFocus.com
In a piece listing who should be Pro Bowlers, the second-year pro was listed first among the special teams group.
Units (5): KO Coverage - L2 & R2, KO Returns, Punt Gunner - Left & Right, Punt Vice and kick blocks (most field goals & some extra points).
So dominant has Bethel been he has a grade almost twice as high as the next best player. He grades well on every unit with his work on punts a highlight. His 19 tackles (15 solo plus 4 assists) also leads the league and no one comes close to his ability to block kicks. If you want to be picky he has given away a few too many penalties and he did struggle a little against Seattle's excellent group first time up. He's got an opportunity to rectify that this week and I for one wouldn't bet against him.
Bethel has 17 tackles this season, 13 of which are of the solo variety. He's also blocked two field goal attempts.
- Rookie QB Logan Thomas largely ineffective in Cardinals preseason finale
- Cardinals WRs Brown, Golden and Powell fail to make case in final preseason game
- NFL.com predicts a couple of Arizona Cardinals will win awards
- Report: Arizona Cardinals negotiating contract with James Harrison
- Cardinals vs. Chargers preview: Final chance to make an impression
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL Insider - Tuesday August 26Mike Sando takes us inside the NFL headlines.
- Who impressed/Who depressed - Monday August 25Vince praises Arizona's newest football dynasty.