Arizona Cardinals' Floyd: Must have confidence vs. Seattle
A rookie, Floyd caught two passes for 30 yards that day, as he quickly learned something many others already knew: CenturyLink Field in Seattle is a really tough place to play football.
"We just have to stick together," Floyd told Burns and Gambo Tuesday. "And I think, for the most part, Seattle intimidates a lot of teams and guys going out there, they feel that they can't win."
The last visiting team to leave Seattle with a win was the San Francisco 49ers, who did so in Week 16 of the 2011 season. Since then, the Seahawks are a perfect 14-0 at home, including a couple of wins over the Cardinals.
"I think we, as an offense, have to go out there with confidence knowing that we can win, that we can beat this team," Floyd said.
And, he added, what happened last year has nothing to do with what the team can -- or expects to -- do this time around.
"That's last year; we're a whole different team this year, whole different offense," he said. "We're going to go up there with confidence and believing that we're going to win."
Floyd said the Cardinals and Seahawks are both different teams than they were then, which is true. However, the Seahawks happen to be the only team to beat the Cardinals in Arizona this season, which they did by a score of 34-22 on Oct. 17.
The Cardinals are 6-1 since that loss, though, and appear to be a better team than they were back then -- and last season, too.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona Cardinals linebacker Larry Foote says defense is good enough to overcome Darnell Dockett injury
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 22, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals' DE Calais Campbell: Dockett injury 'sucks,' others need to step up
- A game-time decision, Jonathan Cooper going through learning experience with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals RB Andre Ellington bulks up in anticipation of harder hits this season
- Peter King, SI.com senior NFL writer - Friday August 22Peter King thinks Carson Palmer could have a big year for the Cardinals.
- Michael Floyd, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 22Michael Floyd says he thinks he can be the best wide receiver in the NFL.
- Jared Veldheer, Cardinals tackle - Friday August 22Jared Veldheer talks about his road from a Division II college to the NFL.
- Bob McManaman- Arizona Republic senior sportswriter - Friday August 22Bob McManaman believes that Jay Feely is in danger of getting cut from the Cardinals.
- Andre Ellington- Cardinals running back - Friday August 22Andre Ellington looks forward to a break out year with the Arizona Cardinals.