Updated Dec 15, 2013 - 7:25 pm
Daryn Colledge: Cardinals offense took illegal hit on Palmer personally
Wimbley was called for roughing the passer -- the penalty netted a devastating one yard for the Cardinals' offense, which was at Tennessee's 2-yard line after the play -- but Palmer was obviously shaken up. He remained in the game after having his left ankle heavily taped, but Cardinals head coach Bruce Arians said the quarterback was limited as a result of the hit in Arizona's 37-34 overtime win.
"He'll be pretty sore tomorrow … that took a lot of our game plan, a lot of our play-action passes from us," said Arians, calling Palmer's injury a high-ankle sprain. "He's a tough customer. He wasn't coming out of there."
Palmer threw for 231 yards and a score on 20-of-30 passing and didn't throw an interception for the fourth time in five weeks. Arians said Palmer was "lights-out again this week," and guard Daryn Colledge said the play gave a boost to Arizona's offense.
The Cardinals ran for 145 yards and two scores while breaking off several runs of more than 10 yards and score more than 30 points for the third time in four games.
"He's a tough guy and he took that shot personal," Colledge said. "A lot of us took it personal. We had to win this game. If we had to run the ball over them every play, if we had to give him time for five-step drops, so be it."
- Free agent kicker Jay Feely announces he's re-signed with Arizona Cardinals
- NFL Draft '14: Six-round mock draft for the Arizona Cardinals
- Cardinals running back Rashard Mendenhall calls it quits in Huffington Post article
- NFL writer: Cardinals could turn attention to Jared Veldheer if Branden Albert heads to Dolphins
- PFT: All signs point to free agent tackle Albert signing with Dolphins
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Monday March 10Kent Somers talks all things Cardinals free agency.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.