Updated Dec 11, 2013 - 8:19 am
Arizona Cardinals' John Abraham named NFC Defensive Player of the Week
Abraham also forced a fumble and registered a safety in the victory, which was the Cardinals' fifth in their last six contests.
This marks the fifth time Abraham has won the weekly award and first since 2011, when he was a member of the Atlanta Falcons.
Abraham's three sacks last Sunday moved him past Lawrence Taylor and Leslie O'Neal into ninth place on the NFL's all-time sacks list with 133.
He also becomes the third Cardinals player to win a weekly award in 2013. Patrick Peterson won the Defensive Player of the Week after intercepting two passes in a win over Tampa Bay in Week 4, while quarterback Carson Palmer won the NFC Offensive Player of the Week honor in Week 12 after a win over Indianapolis.
- Arizona Cardinals GM Steve Keim: 'I'm never done' building the roster
- Walt Powell claimed by New York Jets
- How the West Was Won - Week 1
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals' offense will offset losses on defense, lead team to a winning record
- Cardinals awarded waiver claim on OLB Thomas Keiser, waive rookie WR Walt Powell
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Tuesday September 2It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi!
- Steve Keim - Arizona Cardinals GM - Tuesday September 2Steve Keim discusses whether or not the Cardinals roster is set.
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 29The Arizona Cardinals and San Diego Chargers played one of the most pointless games in NFL history l
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?