Updated Dec 11, 2013 - 8:19 am
Arizona Cardinals' John Abraham named NFC Defensive Player of the Week
Abraham also forced a fumble and registered a safety in the victory, which was the Cardinals' fifth in their last six contests.
This marks the fifth time Abraham has won the weekly award and first since 2011, when he was a member of the Atlanta Falcons.
Abraham's three sacks last Sunday moved him past Lawrence Taylor and Leslie O'Neal into ninth place on the NFL's all-time sacks list with 133.
He also becomes the third Cardinals player to win a weekly award in 2013. Patrick Peterson won the Defensive Player of the Week after intercepting two passes in a win over Tampa Bay in Week 4, while quarterback Carson Palmer won the NFC Offensive Player of the Week honor in Week 12 after a win over Indianapolis.
- Notes from the Nest: July 27, 2014
- Cardinals CB Patrick Peterson reasserts self as NFL's best
- Earl Watford, Paul Fanaika battling for Arizona Cardinals' right guard job
- Patrick Peterson 'relieved' of offensive, special teams duties with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals TE Troy Niklas forced to play catch-up
- Kent Somers- AZCentral Sports - Friday July 25AZCentral Sports Cardinals beat writer Kent Somers discusses some of the challenges facing the Cardi
- Kevin Minter-Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 25Arizona Cardinals linebacker Kevin Minter discusses his new role this upcoming season.
- Bickley Blast - Friday July 25The Cardinals kick off training camp with high expectations.
- Impromptu Power Poll - Friday July 25What are the top 5 position battles for the AZ Cardinals heading into training camp?
- Carson Palmer, AZ Cardinals QB - Friday July 25Cardinals QB Carson Palmer describes the key to this offense winning games.