Updated Dec 11, 2013 - 8:19 am
Arizona Cardinals' John Abraham named NFC Defensive Player of the Week
Abraham also forced a fumble and registered a safety in the victory, which was the Cardinals' fifth in their last six contests.
This marks the fifth time Abraham has won the weekly award and first since 2011, when he was a member of the Atlanta Falcons.
Abraham's three sacks last Sunday moved him past Lawrence Taylor and Leslie O'Neal into ninth place on the NFL's all-time sacks list with 133.
He also becomes the third Cardinals player to win a weekly award in 2013. Patrick Peterson won the Defensive Player of the Week after intercepting two passes in a win over Tampa Bay in Week 4, while quarterback Carson Palmer won the NFC Offensive Player of the Week honor in Week 12 after a win over Indianapolis.
- Arizona Cardinals president Michael Bidwill on schedule: NFL 'gave us a lot of respect'
- Arizona Cardinals' 2014 schedule released
- Arizona Cardinals to host Big Red Rib & Music Festival
- Arizona Cardinals' Daryl Washington now has a two-strike count on him
- NFL Draft '14: A closer look at Alabama QB A.J. McCarron
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals president - Thursday April 24What goes into the Cardinalsí draft preparation?
- Mark Schlereth, ESPN NFL analyst - Tuesday April 22ESPN NFL analyst Mark Schlereth talks about the NFL Draft.
- Terry McDonough, Cardinals VP of player personnel - Tuesday April 22Who will the Cardinals draft with their first-round pick?
- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals wide receiver - Tuesday April 22How are the Cardinals getting better in the offseason?
- Derek Carr- Fresno State quarterback - Monday April 21Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr talks about the NFL Draft.