Updated Dec 11, 2013 - 8:19 am
Arizona Cardinals' John Abraham named NFC Defensive Player of the Week
Abraham also forced a fumble and registered a safety in the victory, which was the Cardinals' fifth in their last six contests.
This marks the fifth time Abraham has won the weekly award and first since 2011, when he was a member of the Atlanta Falcons.
Abraham's three sacks last Sunday moved him past Lawrence Taylor and Leslie O'Neal into ninth place on the NFL's all-time sacks list with 133.
He also becomes the third Cardinals player to win a weekly award in 2013. Patrick Peterson won the Defensive Player of the Week after intercepting two passes in a win over Tampa Bay in Week 4, while quarterback Carson Palmer won the NFC Offensive Player of the Week honor in Week 12 after a win over Indianapolis.
- The 5: Top storylines heading into Arizona Cardinals training camp
- Arizona Cardinals' Patrick Peterson and Michael Floyd rank high on ESPN's list of top under-25 players
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals loaded with under-25 talent
- Arizona Cardinals place Tyrann Mathieu and Alameda Ta'amu on PUP list
- Cardinals receive 'B' offseason grade from USA Today
- Bickley Blast - Thursday July 24What will the future hold for the Cardinals and Larry Fitzgerald?
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.