Warner: Palmer's 'confidence in his playmakers' leading to turnaround
The Cardinals are 5-1 over that span, and Palmer -- who struggled with turnovers for much of the season -- has thrown just four interceptions, and his only multi-interception game came in a 24-21 road loss to the Philadelphia Eagles.
"I'm seeing a quarterback that has confidence in his playmakers," NFL Network analyst and former Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner told Arizona Sports 620's Burns & Gambo Tuesday.
"Early on, everyone was feeling themselves out in this offense. [Palmer was] holding the ball longer, trying to force some things. Wasn't comfortable with what guys were going to do.
"But now he's not only more comfortable in the system, but feels confidence in his playmakers. Give him confidence and a pocket, and he can make every throw."
Palmer's play is perhaps the biggest reason that the Cardinals are in the thick of the NFC Wild Card race, though they'll likely need to win the rest of their games and finish at 11-5. Palmer ranks ninth in the NFL in yards per game (266), and ranks eighth in completion percentage among starters.
Palmer and the Cardinals will look to continue their playoff run with a road game against the Tennessee Titans on Sunday at 2:25 p.m.
- Arizona Cardinals Bruce Arians not surprised James Harrison retired
- Christian Tupou, Kevin Cone, Dominique Williams added to Arizona Cardinals' practice squad
- New Arizona Cardinals LB Thomas Keiser: I wanted to go pass rush for somebody
- Former Arizona Cardinals quarterback Max Hall arrested on shoplifting, drug charges
- Arizona Cardinals' GM Steve Keim: Jonathan Cooper will be great for the team
- Bruce Arians- Cardinals head coach - Tuesday September 2Bruce Arians thinks the NFC West has gotten stronger in 2014.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday September 2Will the NFL suspend 49ers' defensive end Ray McDonald?
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Tuesday September 2It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi!
- Steve Keim - Arizona Cardinals GM - Tuesday September 2Steve Keim discusses whether or not the Cardinals roster is set.
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves