Warner: Palmer's 'confidence in his playmakers' leading to turnaround
The Cardinals are 5-1 over that span, and Palmer -- who struggled with turnovers for much of the season -- has thrown just four interceptions, and his only multi-interception game came in a 24-21 road loss to the Philadelphia Eagles.
"I'm seeing a quarterback that has confidence in his playmakers," NFL Network analyst and former Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner told Arizona Sports 620's Burns & Gambo Tuesday.
"Early on, everyone was feeling themselves out in this offense. [Palmer was] holding the ball longer, trying to force some things. Wasn't comfortable with what guys were going to do.
"But now he's not only more comfortable in the system, but feels confidence in his playmakers. Give him confidence and a pocket, and he can make every throw."
Palmer's play is perhaps the biggest reason that the Cardinals are in the thick of the NFC Wild Card race, though they'll likely need to win the rest of their games and finish at 11-5. Palmer ranks ninth in the NFL in yards per game (266), and ranks eighth in completion percentage among starters.
Palmer and the Cardinals will look to continue their playoff run with a road game against the Tennessee Titans on Sunday at 2:25 p.m.
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 21, 2014
- Michael Floyd knocking off the rust as he returns to field for Arizona Cardinals
- Cardinals Sunday Night Football game against Bengals sold out
- All-Access with Arians: Running game is fine, defense is better than last year
- John Abraham feels good after first practice, confident he'll be ready soon
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Cardinals beat writer - Thursday August 21Kent Somers talks about how many touches Andre Ellington should get per game.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Thursday August 21Bruce Arians discusses the importance of Sunday's third preseason game.
- Darren Urban, AZcardinals.com beat writer - Thursday August 21Darren Urban discusses what the Cardinals will do without Darnell Dockett
- Ted Larsen, Cardinals offensive linemen - Thursday August 21Ted Larsen talks about making the move from center to left guard.
- Deone Bucannon- Cardinals safety - Thursday August 21Deone Bucannon talks about finding his role on the Cardinals' defense.