Cardinals place Mathieu on season-ending IR
Mathieu tore his ACL and LCL on a kickoff return in Sunday's win over the St. Louis Rams. The rookie overcame a host of off-the-field issues that led to his dismissal from the LSU football team to become one of the league's most productive rookies.
Mathieu is a leading candidate for the NFL's Defensive Rookie of the Year award. He's recorded 68 tackles to go along with nine pass deflections and two interceptions. He also forced a fumble and started 11 of the Cardinals' 13 games.
Taylor has played in 12 NFL games after being selected in the seventh round of the 2009 draft by the San Francisco 49ers. The LSU product has been on the Cardinals' practice squad all season.
- Report: Arizona Cardinals bring James Harrison in for a visit
- Arizona Cardinals RB Zach Bauman excited for 'opportunity to show what I can do' Thursday vs. Chargers
- Confident Chandler Catanzaro looks to prove himself as Arizona Cardinals kicker
- Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Michael Floyd named to Sports Illustrated's All-Breakout Team
- Panel ranks Arizona Cardinals' Bruce Arians as the NFL's 13th-best head coach
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL Insider - Tuesday August 26Mike Sando takes us inside the NFL headlines.
- Who impressed/Who depressed - Monday August 25Vince praises Arizona's newest football dynasty.
- Bruce Arians- Cardinals head coach - Monday August 25Bruce Arians says Jay Feely was let go early on so he can catch on with another team.