Arizona Cardinals quarterback Carson Palmer to start vs. St. Louis Rams
Palmer, as he has all season, will be under center again -- even though he had been limited all week in practice because of a right elbow injury, which he suffered early in the game at Philadelphia.
"I'm sure he'll be ready to go," head coach Bruce Arians said Friday. "He's so in tune to the offense now -- and all the guys are -- that sometimes it's good at this time of year to give a veteran a couple of days off and let the young guy get some reps. I'm sure he'll be fine throwing the ball."
The Cardinals must feel confident in Palmer's health and ability to throw the ball downfield because they are dressing only two quarterbacks Sunday. If there had been any question, then it would have been reasonable to assume that Ryan Lindley would be active. But he is not.
Returning this week is rookie running back Andre Ellington. He had missed last week because of a knee issue.
"Andre looked just like himself. He got better and better and more confident as the week went on," Arians said. "He took the brace off and is brace-less now, so he's fine."
Ellington said after practice Friday that he's ready and feeling fine.
Along with Lindley, the Cardinals' inactives -- for the fourth time in five weeks -- are receiver Brittan Golden, running back Ryan Williams, linebacker Dontay Moch, guard Earl Watford, tight end Kory Sperry and defensive end Ronald Talley, even though those seven are all healthy.
Craig Grialou, Reporter
- Report: Cardinals LB John Abraham arrested, charged with DUI in Georgia in June
- Notes from the Nest: July 28, 2014
- Cardinals' Jonathan Cooper: 'I felt OK' after first practice with pads
- Cardinals WR Michael Floyd on 2014 training camp: 'Everything comes faster'
- Teddy Williams looking to make Arizona Cardinals as a cornerback
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Monday July 28Lorenzo Alexander gives his take on replacing Daryl Washington and praises former teammate London Fl
- Darren Urban, Arizona Cardinals reporter - Monday July 28Cardinals reporter Darren Urban discusses team improvements and which player he thinks will have a b
- Antonio Cromartie, Cardinals defensive back - Monday July 28Antonio Cromartie talks about his expectations for this year's Arizona Cardinals.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Monday July 28Cardinals coach Bruce Arians talks about the first days of training camp and what he's seen from pl
- Dave Pasch, Voice of the Arizona Cardinals - Monday July 28The voice of the Cardinals Dave Pasch shares his first impressions of training camp.