Arizona Cardinals quarterback Carson Palmer to start vs. St. Louis Rams
Palmer, as he has all season, will be under center again -- even though he had been limited all week in practice because of a right elbow injury, which he suffered early in the game at Philadelphia.
"I'm sure he'll be ready to go," head coach Bruce Arians said Friday. "He's so in tune to the offense now -- and all the guys are -- that sometimes it's good at this time of year to give a veteran a couple of days off and let the young guy get some reps. I'm sure he'll be fine throwing the ball."
The Cardinals must feel confident in Palmer's health and ability to throw the ball downfield because they are dressing only two quarterbacks Sunday. If there had been any question, then it would have been reasonable to assume that Ryan Lindley would be active. But he is not.
Returning this week is rookie running back Andre Ellington. He had missed last week because of a knee issue.
"Andre looked just like himself. He got better and better and more confident as the week went on," Arians said. "He took the brace off and is brace-less now, so he's fine."
Ellington said after practice Friday that he's ready and feeling fine.
Along with Lindley, the Cardinals' inactives -- for the fourth time in five weeks -- are receiver Brittan Golden, running back Ryan Williams, linebacker Dontay Moch, guard Earl Watford, tight end Kory Sperry and defensive end Ronald Talley, even though those seven are all healthy.
Craig Grialou, Reporter
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.
- Roger Kingdom, Arizona Cardinals' Speed Coach - Monday April 7Roger Kingdom talks about translating muscle gained to the field without slowing the players down.
- Itís Paulís Call with Paul Calvisi! - Friday April 4The rat pack is on the loose!