Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 6
- Carson Palmer practiced but was still "limited" in what he could do. Arians, though, said he expects the QB to play Sunday.
- The other injured players, mainly Michael Floyd and Andre Ellington, both say they're ready to go.
- Floyd is starting to show an ability to make tough catches and then break tackles. "Whatever it takes to get the job done, that's what I do," he said.
- Should Palmer be unable to go, Arians professed confidence in backup Drew Stanton.
Stat of the Day
The last time the Cardinals and Rams played in Glendale, Rams DB Janoris Jenkins picked off two Ryan Lindley passes, returning each for touchdowns. Cardinals WR Larry Fitzgerald, who was targeted on both passes, finished with just three receptions on the day.
Quote of the Day
"It's a division game and that's where we want to be measured, in our division," Arians said. "It's a very difficult division and we know that, but it's time for us to start stepping up and winning these ball games."
This Day in Arizona Cardinals History
On Dec. 6, 1998, the fell to the New York Giants by a score of 23-19 at Sun Devil Stadium.
It was a tough one for the Cardinals, as they were up 17-10 at the half but could do nothing offensively over the final 30 minutes.
Jake Plummer completed just 18 of 40 passes for 263 yards with one touchdown and two interceptions. Adrian Murrell gained 53 yards and a touchdown on 16 carries, while also hauling in a 20-yard touchdown reception.
Larry Centers led the Cardinals with five catches for 68 yards, while Frank Sanders tallied five receptions for 62 yards.
Corey Chavous and J.J. McCleskey each picked off Giants QB Kent Graham, but New York was able to win this game behind running backs Gary Brown and Charles Way, who combined for 38 carries, 184 yards and a touchdown. Another running back, Tiki Barber, had two receptions for 91 yards and a touchdown, which came on an 87-yard reception.
The loss dropped the Cardinals to 6-7 on the year, but they would go on to win their last three regular season games to earn a Wild Card spot.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Mark Schlereth, ESPN NFL analyst - Tuesday April 22ESPN NFL analyst Mark Schlereth talks about the NFL Draft.
- Terry McDonough, Cardinals VP of player personnel - Tuesday April 22Who will the Cardinals draft with their first-round pick?
- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals wide receiver - Tuesday April 22How are the Cardinals getting better in the offseason?
- Derek Carr- Fresno State quarterback - Monday April 21Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr talks about the NFL Draft.
- Steve Keim, Cardinals GM - Friday April 18Will the Cardinals draft a quarterback?