Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 5
- Goodwin was asked if left tackle Bradley Sowell is ready to face Robert Quinn Sunday, and he responded by saying he does not know if any left tackle is ever really prepared to face the game's elite defensive ends.
- When pressed on the health of some of his players, though, Goodwin was less forthcoming. Asked about QB Carson Palmer, who has an elbow issue, Goodwin said, "I don't talk about injuries; as far as I know, he practiced today."
- Following practice, Cardinals President Michael Bidwill held a press conference to discuss Jay Feely being named the Cardinals' Walter Payton Man of the Year. Bidwill said they "couldn't be more pleased" that Feely got the honor.
- Safety Rashad Johnson said there's little difference for the team in preparing for a quarterback like Kellen Clemens, who they have not seen much of.
- Bowles does not seem terribly concerned with his team's struggles in defending tight ends. Referencing last Sunday's game against the Eagles, he said, "Going into the ballgame you try to take away McCoy, you try to take away Jackson, you try to take away Cooper" while trying to limit the damage done by the tight ends. But, he admitted the team needed to play better defense in the red zone.
Stat of the Day
Rams QB Kellen Clemens has appeared in just one game against the Cardinals during his career. He threw one incomplete pass in the Rams' 31-17 win over Arizona last season.
Quote of the Day
"I think we're getting better as an offense and in the run game and there's more opportunity," running back Rashard Mendenhall said of his improved play. "I've been able to capitalize on that."
This Day in Arizona Cardinals History
On December 5, 1993, the Cardinals destroyed the L.A. Rams by a score of 38-10.
The game, which was played at Sun Devil Stadium, was hardly competitive, and the Cardinals never trailed.
Ronald Moore was the star of the show for the Cardinals, as the running back carried the ball 29 times for 126 yards and four touchdowns. Receiver Gary Clark hauled in eight passes for 159 yards and a score, and quarterback Steve Beurlein completed 14-of-25 passes for 250 yards and a touchdown.
Interestingly, there were only three penalties called the entire game, and the win improved the Cards to 4-8 on the season.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- NFL writer: Cardinals wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald 'bound to improve' in 2014
- GM Steve Keim updates Arizona Cardinals' draft progress
- NFL Draft '14: Is it time for the Arizona Cardinals to draft a QB?
- Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald to be honored for off-the-field work
- 2014 Arizona Cardinals draft stock tracker
- Steve Keim, Cardinals GM - Friday April 18Will the Cardinals draft a quarterback?
- John McClain, NFL insider - Thursday April 17Who will the Texans draft?
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.