Updated Dec 4, 2013 - 2:16 pm
Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 4
- Bruce Arians said Michael Floyd (ankle) and Andre Ellington (knee) were not likely to practice. He didn't sound particularly concerned about the receiver's availability for Sunday, however, and Floyd was catching passes on the side during the portion of practice that was open to the media.
- Linebacker Daryl Washington knows tight ends have given the Cardinals trouble this year, but says it's the same all around the league and does not seem to think it's as big a deal as some do. "It's a small adjustment, and it will happen this Sunday," he said.
- Seems to be a strong focus on the fact that the Cardinals have not won an NFC West game since Week 1 of last season. Pretty much every player on the team -- coach, too -- has brought that up.
Stat of the Day
The last time the Cardinals beat the Rams was on Nov. 27, 2011, by way of a 23-20 score in St. Louis. In that game, Beanie Wells set a franchise-record by gaining 228 yards on 27 carries. He also scored a touchdown.
Quote of the Day
"It felt great," guard Jonathan Cooper said when asked how it felt to finally get his walking boot off. "I was just happy to walk again, so that was the biggest thing -- not being uneven with wearing a boot and all that, so that was great."
This Day in Arizona Cardinals History
On December 4, 1994, the Cardinals went into Houston and destroyed the Oilers 30-12.
Jay Schroeder completed 12-of-20 passes for 176 yards with one touchdown and one interception, Gary Clark hauled in six receptions for 120 yards and a touchdown while Garrison Hearst, Ronald Moore, Mark Higgs and Larry Centers combined for 159 yards and two touchdowns on the ground in the win.
On the other side, the Cardinals tallied four sacks of Oilers QB Billy Joe Tolliver, who completed just 11-of-31 passes for 184 yards with four interceptions. The Cardinals forced six turnovers overall.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona Cardinals 2014 Free Agent Headquarters
- Arizona Cardinals sign free agent tight end John Carlson
- CBS Sports' Prisco: Re-signing Karlos Dansby not imperative for Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals re-sign NT Alameda Ta'amu
- Arizona Cardinals hire former Olympic runner Roger Kingdom as assistant trainer
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!