Eagles' CB on Arizona Cardinals: 'Let's not be crybabies'
In the last four minutes of the contest, the Cardinals were called for two costly defensive holding penalties, one of which nullified a Patrick Peterson interception that would have given Arizona great field position.
Cardinals receiver Michael Floyd didn't get holding or pass interference calls on two pass plays in the team's final possession despite obvious contact.
So did Cardinals' head coach Bruce Arians, who said there were at least 15 plays he called to the attention of the NFL's vice president of officiating Dean Blandino.
That apparently didn't sit well with Eagles defensive back Cary Williams, who spouted off to the Philadelphia media Tuesday.
"Man, let's not be crybabies," Williams said."I don't know, man. I thought the refs kept them in the game to some degree, at times. But it's about football man. It's about going out there, executing. If they came in here with a different attitude, maybe not so nonchalant maybe, thinking it was going to be a cakewalk, maybe ... I don't know. I'm not big on teams sending stuff in and, ‘This is what needs to be called.' Man, play the game, dude. It's football, man. Don't blame it on the refs. Blame it on your preparation that week.
"I've never been a fan of coaches sending stuff into the refs, unless it was blatant. To me, I didn't feel like it was anything that was blatant on the field."
Williams played for the Baltimore Ravens for four seasons, and isn't a big fan of Arians going back to his days as offensive coordinator of the Steelers.
"You know how I feel about those Pittsburgh guys anyway," he said.
Vince Marotta, Co-host - Bickley & Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Walt Powell claimed by New York Jets
- How the West Was Won - Week 1
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals' offense will offset losses on defense, lead team to a winning record
- Cardinals awarded waiver claim on OLB Thomas Keiser, waive rookie WR Walt Powell
- Bauman, Golden, Sopoaga, Hardy among Arizona Cardinals' final roster cuts
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 29The Arizona Cardinals and San Diego Chargers played one of the most pointless games in NFL history l
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.