Updated Dec 3, 2013 - 8:51 am
Super Bowl Host Committee unveils XLIX logo
The logo is intended to capture the essence of Arizona, while showcasing the stadium, a desert horizon and classic football elements. The use of the orange-red color is for the close relationship the committee has with the Arizona Cardinals, who call University of Phoenix Stadium home.
Host Committee President and CEO Jay Parry stressed in the release of the logo the importance of Arizona businesses and promoted the area as a prospective place for other companies.
"We want fans and companies to come to Super Bowl XLIX and not want to leave," Parry said. "Arizona is a growing, modern state that's a very attractive location to start, expand or relocate your business. Our new logo is a key ingredient to showcasing this Arizona story to the world."
- Report: Cardinals LB John Abraham arrested, charged with DUI in Georgia in June
- Notes from the Nest: July 28, 2014
- Cardinals' Jonathan Cooper: 'I felt OK' after first practice with pads
- Cardinals WR Michael Floyd on 2014 training camp: 'Everything comes faster'
- Teddy Williams looking to make Arizona Cardinals as a cornerback
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Monday July 28Lorenzo Alexander gives his take on replacing Daryl Washington and praises former teammate London Fl
- Darren Urban, Arizona Cardinals reporter - Monday July 28Cardinals reporter Darren Urban discusses team improvements and which player he thinks will have a b
- Antonio Cromartie, Cardinals defensive back - Monday July 28Antonio Cromartie talks about his expectations for this year's Arizona Cardinals.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Monday July 28Cardinals coach Bruce Arians talks about the first days of training camp and what he's seen from pl
- Dave Pasch, Voice of the Arizona Cardinals - Monday July 28The voice of the Cardinals Dave Pasch shares his first impressions of training camp.