Updated Dec 3, 2013 - 8:51 am
Super Bowl Host Committee unveils XLIX logo
The logo is intended to capture the essence of Arizona, while showcasing the stadium, a desert horizon and classic football elements. The use of the orange-red color is for the close relationship the committee has with the Arizona Cardinals, who call University of Phoenix Stadium home.
Host Committee President and CEO Jay Parry stressed in the release of the logo the importance of Arizona businesses and promoted the area as a prospective place for other companies.
"We want fans and companies to come to Super Bowl XLIX and not want to leave," Parry said. "Arizona is a growing, modern state that's a very attractive location to start, expand or relocate your business. Our new logo is a key ingredient to showcasing this Arizona story to the world."
- Fox Sports NFL insider: 'Player's coach' Arians makes Arizona Cardinals a prime destination
- ESPN writer: John Carlson signing risky for Cardinals, but worth the reward
- Darnell Dockett tweets that Branden Albert is 'new teammate'
- Arizona Cardinals 2014 Free Agent Headquarters
- Arizona Cardinals sign free agent tight end John Carlson
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!