Arizona Cardinals coach says Andre Ellington is 'a game-time decision' for Philadelphia
Coach Bruce Arians said the rookie "tweaked" his left knee near the end of practice Thursday and is a "game-time decision" after missing practice Friday.
Arians said Ellington's injury isn't serious, but "we want to be careful with him."
Ellington said he hurt the knee when he turned to make a cut toward the end of Thursday's practice, but noted he feels better Friday than he did the day before.
"I'm good to go," he said.
Granted, that kind of goes against what Arians said, but Ellington is banking on the next couple of days giving him enough time to heal.
"That's a lot of rest, two days," he said. "I'm going to continue to rehab and get to Sunday and kind of get out there and run around a little bit."
A sixth-round pick out of Clemson last April, Ellington has emerged as one of the team's most dynamic playmakers. A running back, he has gained 441 yards on just 73 carries and caught 28 passes for 247 yards. He's scored three total touchdowns.
Should Ellington miss the game, Rashard Mendenhall and Stepfan Taylor would figure to pick up the slack, with Alfonso Smith also being in the mix for some additional work.
"Just one guy out," Arians said of the blow that would be not having Ellington. "There's still a bunch of guys who are capable of taking his place, and we'll make our adjustments that we need to make."
The coach, though, admitted there are about five or six plays that would have to be removed from the game plan if Ellington is unable to go because no one else on the team can do them.
"Other than that, just keep on rolling."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- A disappointed Darnell Dockett: Karlos Dansby 'chased the money'
- Arizona Cardinals 'bought right in' to offseason strength and conditioning program
- Arizona Cardinals' Dockett: 'Anything less than the playoffs is a failure'
- Thoughts on the 2014 Arizona Cardinals schedule
- Arizona Cardinals president Michael Bidwill on schedule: NFL 'gave us a lot of respect'
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals president - Thursday April 24What goes into the Cardinalsí draft preparation?
- Mark Schlereth, ESPN NFL analyst - Tuesday April 22ESPN NFL analyst Mark Schlereth talks about the NFL Draft.
- Terry McDonough, Cardinals VP of player personnel - Tuesday April 22Who will the Cardinals draft with their first-round pick?
- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals wide receiver - Tuesday April 22How are the Cardinals getting better in the offseason?
- Derek Carr- Fresno State quarterback - Monday April 21Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr talks about the NFL Draft.