Updated Nov 27, 2013 - 8:00 am
Arizona Cardinals' Carson Palmer named NFC Offensive Player of the Week
Now he's winning awards.
The 10th-year veteran was named the NFC Offensive Player of the Week Wednesday for his performance last Sunday in a 40-11 win over the Indianapolis Colts.
Palmer completed 26-of-37 passes for 314 yards and two touchdowns in the game for a passer rating of 114.
This is the third time that Palmer has won a Player of the Week Award, and the first since the 2009 season when he was a member of the Cincinnati Bengals. He's also the sixth different Cardinals quarterback to win the weekly honor, joining Neil Lomax, Kent Graham, Boomer Esiason, Jake Plummer and Kurt Warner.
Palmer joins Patrick Peterson as the only Cardinals to win a weekly award this season. Peterson was the NFC Defensive Player of Week 4 after he had two interceptions in a win over the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
- Forbes: Larry Fitzgerald among most overpaid players in NFL
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 20, 2014
- Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander defends Daniel Snyder but thinks Redskins should change name
- New Arizona Cardinals defensive lineman Isaac Sopoaga thrown right into the mix
- Arizona Cardinals' Tyrann Mathieu practices for the first time this season
- Lyle Sendlein, Cardinals center - Wednesday August 20Lyle Sendlein talks about coming back from his injury and the loss of Darnell Dockett.
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Wednesday August 20Lorenzo Alexander discusses having to step up to fill the voids left by injuries and free agents lea
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 20The NFL has a new problem on their hands, and it has to do with the Redskins.
- Larry Fitzgerald, AZ Cardinals WR - Wednesday August 20Doug & Wolf ask Fitz about the Cardinals offense and about his future in Arizona.