Updated Nov 22, 2013 - 3:04 pm
Arizona Cardinals' Justin Bethel questionable to play Sunday vs. Indianapolis Colts
They're just not sure if he's going to be able to as he still recovers from a concussion sustained in Sunday's win over the Jacksonville Jaguars.
Bethel was listed as "questionable" on the team's final injury report, which was released Friday after practice. Bethel participated, at least in the portion of the proceedings that was open to the media, but afterward head coach Bruce Arians said he is "a game time decision."
The coach added that the team will be worse off, but still fine if Bethel is unable to go.
"We've got able, capable people, we'll miss him because he's special, but I think he's going to be alright."
The second-year pro out of Presbyterian has made quite a name for himself this season with his work as a gunner on the punt team and rusher off the edge on field goals. Bethel was cleared to practice Wednesday, but then missed Thursday.
"Just a little headache, but he's cleared, everything's good," Arians said. "And it's just a matter of some symptoms."
And if they don't subside in time for the game? Arians said a quartet of players would fill in for Bethel.
"It will be a committee," he said. "In each one of the phases."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona Cardinals teammates react to Patrick Peterson's contract extension
- Patrick Peterson's new contract compared to other top NFL cornerbacks
- Notes from the Nest: July 29, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals, Patrick Peterson agree on extension
- Arizona Cardinals' Deone Bucannon supplies the highlight of Tuesday's practice
- Justin Bethel, Cardinals cornerback - Tuesday July 29Justin Bethel discusses his role on special teams and how training camp has gone so far.
- Pete Prisco, Senior NFL Columnist - Tuesday July 29Senior NFL columnist for CBS Pete Prisco shares his thoughts on how the Cardinals stack against othe
- Stepfan Taylor, Cardinals running back - Tuesday July 29Cardinals running back Stepfan Taylor talks training camp and his expanded role on offense.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Monday July 28Lorenzo Alexander gives his take on replacing Daryl Washington and praises former teammate London Fl
- Darren Urban, Arizona Cardinals reporter - Monday July 28Cardinals reporter Darren Urban discusses team improvements and which player he thinks will have a b