Updated Nov 22, 2013 - 3:04 pm
Arizona Cardinals' Justin Bethel questionable to play Sunday vs. Indianapolis Colts
They're just not sure if he's going to be able to as he still recovers from a concussion sustained in Sunday's win over the Jacksonville Jaguars.
Bethel was listed as "questionable" on the team's final injury report, which was released Friday after practice. Bethel participated, at least in the portion of the proceedings that was open to the media, but afterward head coach Bruce Arians said he is "a game time decision."
The coach added that the team will be worse off, but still fine if Bethel is unable to go.
"We've got able, capable people, we'll miss him because he's special, but I think he's going to be alright."
The second-year pro out of Presbyterian has made quite a name for himself this season with his work as a gunner on the punt team and rusher off the edge on field goals. Bethel was cleared to practice Wednesday, but then missed Thursday.
"Just a little headache, but he's cleared, everything's good," Arians said. "And it's just a matter of some symptoms."
And if they don't subside in time for the game? Arians said a quartet of players would fill in for Bethel.
"It will be a committee," he said. "In each one of the phases."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Cardinals running back Rashard Mendenhall calls it quits in Huffington Post article
- NFL writer: Cardinals could turn attention to Jared Veldheer if Branden Albert heads to Dolphins
- PFT: All signs point to free agent tackle Albert signing with Dolphins
- Agent confirms Cardinals running back Rashard Mendenhall to retire
- Daryn Colledge tweets of his release from Cardinals
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!