Updated Nov 22, 2013 - 3:04 pm
Arizona Cardinals' Justin Bethel questionable to play Sunday vs. Indianapolis Colts
They're just not sure if he's going to be able to as he still recovers from a concussion sustained in Sunday's win over the Jacksonville Jaguars.
Bethel was listed as "questionable" on the team's final injury report, which was released Friday after practice. Bethel participated, at least in the portion of the proceedings that was open to the media, but afterward head coach Bruce Arians said he is "a game time decision."
The coach added that the team will be worse off, but still fine if Bethel is unable to go.
"We've got able, capable people, we'll miss him because he's special, but I think he's going to be alright."
The second-year pro out of Presbyterian has made quite a name for himself this season with his work as a gunner on the punt team and rusher off the edge on field goals. Bethel was cleared to practice Wednesday, but then missed Thursday.
"Just a little headache, but he's cleared, everything's good," Arians said. "And it's just a matter of some symptoms."
And if they don't subside in time for the game? Arians said a quartet of players would fill in for Bethel.
"It will be a committee," he said. "In each one of the phases."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- NFL writer: Cardinals wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald 'bound to improve' in 2014
- GM Steve Keim updates Arizona Cardinals' draft progress
- NFL Draft '14: Is it time for the Arizona Cardinals to draft a QB?
- Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald to be honored for off-the-field work
- 2014 Arizona Cardinals draft stock tracker
- Steve Keim, Cardinals GM - Friday April 18Will the Cardinals draft a quarterback?
- John McClain, NFL insider - Thursday April 17Who will the Texans draft?
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.