Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Nov. 22
- Justin Bethel was back on the field doing some work in the portion of practice that was open to the media. He missed Thursday's practice due to the concussion sustained last Sunday in Jacksonville. After practice, head coach Bruce Arians said the special teams ace is "questionable" for Sunday's game.
- No one else seemed to be missing, but then again, there is plenty of practice that we don't see.
- The Cards like to run a play where punter Dave Zastudil throws the ball to kicker Jay Feely. Doubt we'll ever see that in a game, but the dual-kicker formation could be revolutionary. Or not. Probably not.
Stat of the Day
Carson Palmer has never beaten the Indianapolis Colts. He is 0-3 against them, completing 70-of-108 passes for 803 yards with four touchdowns and four interceptions.
Quote of the Day
"If you could read a team by practice you could make millions and millions of dollars," Bruce Arians said about his team's mindset at this point in the week. "But I like the attitude. The guys are loose and the locker room is loud, and that's usually a good sign."
This Day in Arizona Cardinals History
On November 22, 1998, the Cardinals went into Jack Kent Cooke Stadium and won a 45-42 shootout over the Washington Redskins.
The Cards raced out to a 31-0 lead that was 31-6 at the half, as Jake Plummer, Johnny McWilliams and Adrian Murrell all found the end zone, with the QB running for a pair of scores.
However, Trent Green and the Redskins would not go away, as the QB found Michael Westbrook for a trio of touchdowns in the game.
There were plenty of points scored, but fortunately for the Cardinals (and their playoff hopes) they ended with just a few more than the Redskins.
In all, Plummer completed 17-of-28 passes for 251 yards with two touchdowns and one interception. The QB also ran six times for 10 yards, but scored three times on the ground.
His counterpart Green completed 30-of-49 passes for 382 yards with four touchdowns and one interception. His favorite target, Westbrook, caught 10 passes for 135 yards and three touchdowns. Leslie Shephard also topped the century mark in receiving yards, tallying 107 and a score on seven catches.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Paul Fanaika, Arizona Cardinals offensive guard - Wednesday July 30The Arizona Cardinals’ offensive guard Paul Fanaika joins the show to discuss training camp.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Wednesday July 30NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner discusses Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals cornerback - Wednesday July 30Arizona Cardinals' defensive cornerback Patrick Peterson discusses his new contract extension.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.