The Pulse: Carson Palmer has been barely good enough
On Nov. 20-21, the question was: Are you happy with the job Carson Palmer has done this season?
The choices were "Yes, he's been good," "I guess, the team's been winning," "Not really, he should be better" and "No, he should be benched."
A total of 853 votes were submitted, with "I guess, the team's been winning" earning 339 votes, or 40 percent.
The next closest was "Not really, he should be better," which garnered 292 votes, which was followed by "No, he should be benched," which had 124.
Perhaps not surprisingly, the lowest total belonged to, "Yes, he's been good," which had just 98 votes.
On the season, Palmer has completed 224-of-358 passes for 2,573 yards with 14 touchdowns and 15 interceptions. He's coming off his best performance of the year, throwing for 419 yards with two touchdowns and no turnovers in a win over the Jacksonville Jaguars.
But, it seems as if that was not enough to make too many believers in the veteran signal caller.
- The 5: Top storylines heading into Arizona Cardinals training camp
- Arizona Cardinals' Patrick Peterson and Michael Floyd rank high on ESPN's list of top under-25 players
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals loaded with under-25 talent
- Arizona Cardinals place Tyrann Mathieu and Alameda Ta'amu on PUP list
- Cardinals receive 'B' offseason grade from USA Today
- Bickley Blast - Thursday July 24What will the future hold for the Cardinals and Larry Fitzgerald?
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.