The Pulse: Carson Palmer has been barely good enough
On Nov. 20-21, the question was: Are you happy with the job Carson Palmer has done this season?
The choices were "Yes, he's been good," "I guess, the team's been winning," "Not really, he should be better" and "No, he should be benched."
A total of 853 votes were submitted, with "I guess, the team's been winning" earning 339 votes, or 40 percent.
The next closest was "Not really, he should be better," which garnered 292 votes, which was followed by "No, he should be benched," which had 124.
Perhaps not surprisingly, the lowest total belonged to, "Yes, he's been good," which had just 98 votes.
On the season, Palmer has completed 224-of-358 passes for 2,573 yards with 14 touchdowns and 15 interceptions. He's coming off his best performance of the year, throwing for 419 yards with two touchdowns and no turnovers in a win over the Jacksonville Jaguars.
But, it seems as if that was not enough to make too many believers in the veteran signal caller.
- Forbes: Larry Fitzgerald among most overpaid players in NFL
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 20, 2014
- Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander defends Daniel Snyder but thinks Redskins should change name
- New Arizona Cardinals defensive lineman Isaac Sopoaga thrown right into the mix
- Arizona Cardinals' Tyrann Mathieu practices for the first time this season
- Lyle Sendlein, Cardinals center - Wednesday August 20Lyle Sendlein talks about coming back from his injury and the loss of Darnell Dockett.
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Wednesday August 20Lorenzo Alexander discusses having to step up to fill the voids left by injuries and free agents lea
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 20The NFL has a new problem on their hands, and it has to do with the Redskins.
- Larry Fitzgerald, AZ Cardinals WR - Wednesday August 20Doug & Wolf ask Fitz about the Cardinals offense and about his future in Arizona.