The Pulse: Carson Palmer has been barely good enough
On Nov. 20-21, the question was: Are you happy with the job Carson Palmer has done this season?
The choices were "Yes, he's been good," "I guess, the team's been winning," "Not really, he should be better" and "No, he should be benched."
A total of 853 votes were submitted, with "I guess, the team's been winning" earning 339 votes, or 40 percent.
The next closest was "Not really, he should be better," which garnered 292 votes, which was followed by "No, he should be benched," which had 124.
Perhaps not surprisingly, the lowest total belonged to, "Yes, he's been good," which had just 98 votes.
On the season, Palmer has completed 224-of-358 passes for 2,573 yards with 14 touchdowns and 15 interceptions. He's coming off his best performance of the year, throwing for 419 yards with two touchdowns and no turnovers in a win over the Jacksonville Jaguars.
But, it seems as if that was not enough to make too many believers in the veteran signal caller.
- It's official: Arizona Cardinals re-sign trio of players, release Daryn Colledge
- Arizona Cardinals agree to terms with Oakland Raiders LT Jared Veldheer
- Arizona Cardinals react to Karlos Dansby's departure
- Arizona Cardinals to lose LB Karlos Dansby to Cleveland Browns
- Karlos Dansby attracting many suitors for his services
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday March 11Is Jim Harbaugh still welcome in San Francisco?
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Monday March 10Kent Somers talks all things Cardinals free agency.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?