The Pulse: Carson Palmer has been barely good enough
On Nov. 20-21, the question was: Are you happy with the job Carson Palmer has done this season?
The choices were "Yes, he's been good," "I guess, the team's been winning," "Not really, he should be better" and "No, he should be benched."
A total of 853 votes were submitted, with "I guess, the team's been winning" earning 339 votes, or 40 percent.
The next closest was "Not really, he should be better," which garnered 292 votes, which was followed by "No, he should be benched," which had 124.
Perhaps not surprisingly, the lowest total belonged to, "Yes, he's been good," which had just 98 votes.
On the season, Palmer has completed 224-of-358 passes for 2,573 yards with 14 touchdowns and 15 interceptions. He's coming off his best performance of the year, throwing for 419 yards with two touchdowns and no turnovers in a win over the Jacksonville Jaguars.
But, it seems as if that was not enough to make too many believers in the veteran signal caller.
- Notes from the Nest: July 27, 2014
- Cardinals CB Patrick Peterson reasserts self as NFL's best
- Earl Watford, Paul Fanaika battling for Arizona Cardinals' right guard job
- Patrick Peterson 'relieved' of offensive, special teams duties with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals TE Troy Niklas forced to play catch-up
- Kent Somers- AZCentral Sports - Friday July 25AZCentral Sports Cardinals beat writer Kent Somers discusses some of the challenges facing the Cardi
- Kevin Minter-Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 25Arizona Cardinals linebacker Kevin Minter discusses his new role this upcoming season.
- Bickley Blast - Friday July 25The Cardinals kick off training camp with high expectations.
- Impromptu Power Poll - Friday July 25What are the top 5 position battles for the AZ Cardinals heading into training camp?
- Carson Palmer, AZ Cardinals QB - Friday July 25Cardinals QB Carson Palmer describes the key to this offense winning games.