Cardinals legend Aeneas Williams still awaiting a trip to Hall of Fame
The hosts of NFL Network's "Pro Football Hall of Fame: The First Cut" speculated that the former Cardinals cornerback will have to wait a few more years before getting called to the Hall of Fame.
Williams fell under the show's "not for the foreseeable future" category, but host Elliot Harrison had positive things to say about the Cardinals legend.
I once heard Troy Aikman say Williams was the best corner he ever played against. Considering Aikman also faced Darrell Green and Deion Sanders, that's enough for me. With the dearth of premiere corners, 2017 or '18 sounds about right for Williams.
On the program, only defensive end Michael Strahan, linebacker Derrick Brooks and tackle Walter Jones were considered locks for the 2014 class.
Williams never missed a game and he started every contest except one for Arizona from 1991-2000. In 10 seasons with the Cardinals and four with the St. Louis Rams, the 5-foot-11 cornerback compiled 55 interceptions (20th most in NFL history), returning nine of them for touchdowns. He made the Pro Bowl six times as a Cardinal and twice as a Ram. He was also a First-Team All-Pro three times in his career.
Andrew Gilstrap, Web Content Editor - KTAR.com/ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona Cardinals GM Steve Keim: 'I'm never done' building the roster
- Walt Powell claimed by New York Jets
- How the West Was Won - Week 1
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals' offense will offset losses on defense, lead team to a winning record
- Cardinals awarded waiver claim on OLB Thomas Keiser, waive rookie WR Walt Powell
- Steve Keim - Arizona Cardinals GM - Tuesday September 2Steve Keim discusses whether or not the Cardinals roster is set.
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 29The Arizona Cardinals and San Diego Chargers played one of the most pointless games in NFL history l
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.