Cardinals legend Aeneas Williams still awaiting a trip to Hall of Fame
The hosts of NFL Network's "Pro Football Hall of Fame: The First Cut" speculated that the former Cardinals cornerback will have to wait a few more years before getting called to the Hall of Fame.
Williams fell under the show's "not for the foreseeable future" category, but host Elliot Harrison had positive things to say about the Cardinals legend.
I once heard Troy Aikman say Williams was the best corner he ever played against. Considering Aikman also faced Darrell Green and Deion Sanders, that's enough for me. With the dearth of premiere corners, 2017 or '18 sounds about right for Williams.
On the program, only defensive end Michael Strahan, linebacker Derrick Brooks and tackle Walter Jones were considered locks for the 2014 class.
Williams never missed a game and he started every contest except one for Arizona from 1991-2000. In 10 seasons with the Cardinals and four with the St. Louis Rams, the 5-foot-11 cornerback compiled 55 interceptions (20th most in NFL history), returning nine of them for touchdowns. He made the Pro Bowl six times as a Cardinal and twice as a Ram. He was also a First-Team All-Pro three times in his career.
Andrew Gilstrap, Web Content Editor - KTAR.com/ArizonaSports.com
- A disappointed Darnell Dockett: Karlos Dansby 'chased the money'
- Arizona Cardinals 'bought right in' to offseason strength and conditioning program
- Arizona Cardinals' Dockett: 'Anything less than the playoffs is a failure'
- Thoughts on the 2014 Arizona Cardinals schedule
- Arizona Cardinals president Michael Bidwill on schedule: NFL 'gave us a lot of respect'
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals president - Thursday April 24What goes into the Cardinalsí draft preparation?
- Mark Schlereth, ESPN NFL analyst - Tuesday April 22ESPN NFL analyst Mark Schlereth talks about the NFL Draft.
- Terry McDonough, Cardinals VP of player personnel - Tuesday April 22Who will the Cardinals draft with their first-round pick?
- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals wide receiver - Tuesday April 22How are the Cardinals getting better in the offseason?
- Derek Carr- Fresno State quarterback - Monday April 21Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr talks about the NFL Draft.