Arizona Cardinals' Patrick Peterson among leaders in Pro Bowl voting
Peterson only trails Seattle's Richard Sherman, and with five weeks left in voting, the third-year pro out of LSU looks set to make his third Pro Bowl and his second straight at cornerback. In 2011 as a rookie, Peterson was named to the game as a return specialist.
This season, Peterson has three interceptions, which leads the Cardinals and ties him for 12th in the NFL. Last year, Peterson was fourth in the league with seven picks and added a fumble recovery as well.
Sherman has 257,196 votes so far, so Peterson still has a way to go before catching the Seahawk.
Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning was the leading vote-getter among all players with 654,309.
- NFL writer: Cardinals wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald 'bound to improve' in 2014
- GM Steve Keim updates Arizona Cardinals' draft progress
- NFL Draft '14: Is it time for the Arizona Cardinals to draft a QB?
- Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald to be honored for off-the-field work
- 2014 Arizona Cardinals draft stock tracker
- Steve Keim, Cardinals GM - Friday April 18Will the Cardinals draft a quarterback?
- John McClain, NFL insider - Thursday April 17Who will the Texans draft?
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.