Arizona Cardinals' Patrick Peterson among leaders in Pro Bowl voting
Peterson only trails Seattle's Richard Sherman, and with five weeks left in voting, the third-year pro out of LSU looks set to make his third Pro Bowl and his second straight at cornerback. In 2011 as a rookie, Peterson was named to the game as a return specialist.
This season, Peterson has three interceptions, which leads the Cardinals and ties him for 12th in the NFL. Last year, Peterson was fourth in the league with seven picks and added a fumble recovery as well.
Sherman has 257,196 votes so far, so Peterson still has a way to go before catching the Seahawk.
Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning was the leading vote-getter among all players with 654,309.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!