Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Nov. 20
- Defensive back/special teams stud Justin Bethel has been cleared to practice following a concussion he sustained in Jacksonville. However, he will be limited for now.
- Funny moment happened when John Abraham came out of the locker room and accused Daryl Washington of grabbing his pads by mistake. Washington denied it, lifted up his shirt and revealed his pads had the number 55 on them. Oops.
- Bruce Arians compared Andrew Luck's athleticism to that of Carolina QB Cam Newton. The Cards had good success against Cam in a Week 5 matchup this season, so...
- Colts coach Chuck Pagano said Cards' WR Michael Floyd had "game-wrecker ability." Pretty sure the Jaguars agree.
Stat of the Day
Both Carson Palmer and Andrew Luck have thrown 14 touchdown passes this season. However, Palmer has also been picked off 15 times, whereas Luck has only thrown six interceptions.
Quote of the Day
It's a tie:
"No, I think he's got an incredibly young soul," Colts QB Andrew Luck said when asked if Bruce Arians' age was a factor in their relationship. "I think people of all ages get along with him. He just has that knack with people."
"From 'refired' -- excuse me, retired -- to this, I don't think anybody would have dreamt it," Cardinals coach Bruce Arians said of how improbable the last two years have been after contemplating retirement. "It's a fairy tale. It truly is."
This Day in Arizona Cardinals History
On November 20, 2005, Kurt Warner returned to St. Louis as a visitor for the first time, and left with a 38-28 victory.
The former Ram completed 27-of-39 passes for 285 yards and three touchdowns, each of which went to a different receiver. Larry Fitzgerald caught nine passes for 104 yards and a score, Anquan Boldin hauled in eight passes for 105 yards and a TD, and TE Adam Bergen tallied 35 yards and a touchdown on four receptions.
"As special as it was, I'm two years removed now and I don't feel like I'm as much a part of this organization as I did when I first left," Warner said after the game. "You still have a lot of friends, I still love those guys over there and still enjoy competing against them."
As for the game itself, the Cardinals led 16-10 early in the third quarter, but a 46-yard TD pass from Marc Bulger to Isaac Bruce put the Rams on top 17-16. The Cardinals answered with a touchdown of their own, though, and never trailed from there.
Defensively, Adrian Wilson was a beast, collecting three sacks, a forced fumble and a fumble recovery on the afternoon.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Walt Powell claimed by New York Jets
- How the West Was Won - Week 1
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals' offense will offset losses on defense, lead team to a winning record
- Cardinals awarded waiver claim on OLB Thomas Keiser, waive rookie WR Walt Powell
- Bauman, Golden, Sopoaga, Hardy among Arizona Cardinals' final roster cuts
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 29The Arizona Cardinals and San Diego Chargers played one of the most pointless games in NFL history l
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.