Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Nov. 20
- Defensive back/special teams stud Justin Bethel has been cleared to practice following a concussion he sustained in Jacksonville. However, he will be limited for now.
- Funny moment happened when John Abraham came out of the locker room and accused Daryl Washington of grabbing his pads by mistake. Washington denied it, lifted up his shirt and revealed his pads had the number 55 on them. Oops.
- Bruce Arians compared Andrew Luck's athleticism to that of Carolina QB Cam Newton. The Cards had good success against Cam in a Week 5 matchup this season, so...
- Colts coach Chuck Pagano said Cards' WR Michael Floyd had "game-wrecker ability." Pretty sure the Jaguars agree.
Stat of the Day
Both Carson Palmer and Andrew Luck have thrown 14 touchdown passes this season. However, Palmer has also been picked off 15 times, whereas Luck has only thrown six interceptions.
Quote of the Day
It's a tie:
"No, I think he's got an incredibly young soul," Colts QB Andrew Luck said when asked if Bruce Arians' age was a factor in their relationship. "I think people of all ages get along with him. He just has that knack with people."
"From 'refired' -- excuse me, retired -- to this, I don't think anybody would have dreamt it," Cardinals coach Bruce Arians said of how improbable the last two years have been after contemplating retirement. "It's a fairy tale. It truly is."
This Day in Arizona Cardinals History
On November 20, 2005, Kurt Warner returned to St. Louis as a visitor for the first time, and left with a 38-28 victory.
The former Ram completed 27-of-39 passes for 285 yards and three touchdowns, each of which went to a different receiver. Larry Fitzgerald caught nine passes for 104 yards and a score, Anquan Boldin hauled in eight passes for 105 yards and a TD, and TE Adam Bergen tallied 35 yards and a touchdown on four receptions.
"As special as it was, I'm two years removed now and I don't feel like I'm as much a part of this organization as I did when I first left," Warner said after the game. "You still have a lot of friends, I still love those guys over there and still enjoy competing against them."
As for the game itself, the Cardinals led 16-10 early in the third quarter, but a 46-yard TD pass from Marc Bulger to Isaac Bruce put the Rams on top 17-16. The Cardinals answered with a touchdown of their own, though, and never trailed from there.
Defensively, Adrian Wilson was a beast, collecting three sacks, a forced fumble and a fumble recovery on the afternoon.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona Cardinals president Michael Bidwill on schedule: NFL 'gave us a lot of respect'
- Arizona Cardinals' 2014 schedule released
- Arizona Cardinals to host Big Red Rib & Music Festival
- Arizona Cardinals' Daryl Washington now has a two-strike count on him
- NFL Draft '14: A closer look at Alabama QB A.J. McCarron
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals president - Thursday April 24What goes into the Cardinalsí draft preparation?
- Mark Schlereth, ESPN NFL analyst - Tuesday April 22ESPN NFL analyst Mark Schlereth talks about the NFL Draft.
- Terry McDonough, Cardinals VP of player personnel - Tuesday April 22Who will the Cardinals draft with their first-round pick?
- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals wide receiver - Tuesday April 22How are the Cardinals getting better in the offseason?
- Derek Carr- Fresno State quarterback - Monday April 21Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr talks about the NFL Draft.