Arizona Cardinals sign Bryan McCann, place Teddy Williams on I.R.
The team announced it has placed receiver Teddy Williams on injured reserve and re-signed cornerback Bryan McCann.
Williams, who signed with the Cardinals on Oct. 21, caught one pass for 51 yards and played a key role as a gunner on special teams. He tore his achilles during the team's win over the Jaguars Sunday.
McCann, who will take Williams' spot on the active roster, spent the preseason with the team before being released on Sept. 1. He played for the Miami Dolphins last season after entering the NFL with the Dallas Cowboys as an undrafted free agent in 2010 out of SMU.
McCann played in nine games as a rookie and scored two touchdowns -- one on an interception return and another on a punt return. On defense, McCann has collected 29 tackles with one interception and three passes defensed.
He has also played for the Baltimore Ravens and Oakland Raiders.
- Walt Powell claimed by New York Jets
- How the West Was Won - Week 1
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals' offense will offset losses on defense, lead team to a winning record
- Cardinals awarded waiver claim on OLB Thomas Keiser, waive rookie WR Walt Powell
- Bauman, Golden, Sopoaga, Hardy among Arizona Cardinals' final roster cuts
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 29The Arizona Cardinals and San Diego Chargers played one of the most pointless games in NFL history l
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.