Arizona Cardinals sign Bryan McCann, place Teddy Williams on I.R.
The team announced it has placed receiver Teddy Williams on injured reserve and re-signed cornerback Bryan McCann.
Williams, who signed with the Cardinals on Oct. 21, caught one pass for 51 yards and played a key role as a gunner on special teams. He tore his achilles during the team's win over the Jaguars Sunday.
McCann, who will take Williams' spot on the active roster, spent the preseason with the team before being released on Sept. 1. He played for the Miami Dolphins last season after entering the NFL with the Dallas Cowboys as an undrafted free agent in 2010 out of SMU.
McCann played in nine games as a rookie and scored two touchdowns -- one on an interception return and another on a punt return. On defense, McCann has collected 29 tackles with one interception and three passes defensed.
He has also played for the Baltimore Ravens and Oakland Raiders.
- Former Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner thankful for patience of fans, organization
- Notes from the Nest: July 30, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals to host Fan Fest this weekend
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Extra points experiment will be fun, may add excitement
- Locking up Patrick Peterson was a great move by the Cardinals
- Paul Fanaika, Arizona Cardinals offensive guard - Wednesday July 30The Arizona Cardinals’ offensive guard Paul Fanaika joins the show to discuss training camp.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Wednesday July 30NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner discusses Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals cornerback - Wednesday July 30Arizona Cardinals' defensive cornerback Patrick Peterson discusses his new contract extension.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.