Updated Nov 19, 2013 - 8:52 am
Drafting Michael Floyd in 2012 proving to be the right call for the Arizona Cardinals
There was some debate in the 2012 draft as to where Arizona would go with the 13th overall pick. They were desperate for offensive line help and Riley Reiff, David DeCastro, Kevin Zeitler, Cordy Glenn and Jonathan Martin were still in the board when Arizona's pick came up.
But needing to fill a void for a number-two receiver and possible future #1, they selected the Notre Dame standout despite a drunken driving citation that led to a suspension in college.
Arizona had struggled to find a complement to Larry Fitzgerald since Anquan Boldin was traded. Players like Steve Breaston, Early Doucet and Andre Roberts failed to give Arizona a dynamic duo at wideout.
There were some doubts about Floyd last season as to whether he could elevate his game to become a primary receiver. He had a decent season with 45 receptions for 562 yards and two touchdowns.
But this season, Floyd has emerged as a go-to receiver. He has led the Cardinals in receiving yards in four of the last seven games. He leads the team in receiving yards with 657, which is 103 more than Fitzgerald.
He is proving that Arizona made the right call in the 2012 draft and he way very well develop into a future #1.
John Gambadoro, Co-host of Burns & Gambo
- Cardinals' Dockett: Peterson will 'definitely be a future Hall of Famer'
- Former Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner thankful for patience of fans, organization
- Notes from the Nest: July 30, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals to host Fan Fest this weekend
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Extra points experiment will be fun, may add excitement
- Paul Fanaika, Arizona Cardinals offensive guard - Wednesday July 30The Arizona Cardinals’ offensive guard Paul Fanaika joins the show to discuss training camp.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Wednesday July 30NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner discusses Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals cornerback - Wednesday July 30Arizona Cardinals' defensive cornerback Patrick Peterson discusses his new contract extension.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.