Arizona Cardinals WR Michael Floyd impresses by overcoming adversity
The second-year pro from Notre Dame had six catches for 193 yards and his 91-yard touchdown catch in the third quarter gave Arizona a 10-point lead.
The numbers, obviously, were impressive, but Cardinals general manager Steve Keim says Floyd caught his eye for another reason.
"He actually bounced back from some adversity, I thought early in the game, there were one or two plays where I thought there were catchable balls that he had dropped. They were in traffic, so they would have been difficult catches, but still they were the kind of catches the 13th-overall pick would make," Keim told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Monday morning.
"He's such a competitor that he came back and made those big plays for us and I think that's just something that's going to continue to grow and he'll build on."
Not too bad for a guy who missed practice last Wednesday with a shoulder injury and who was listed as 'questionable' heading into the game.
Floyd's 91-yard reception was the longest Cardinals pass play since their inaugural season in the desert when Neil Lomax connected with Ernie Jones on a 93-yard scoring strike in a Week 15 win over the Philadelphia Eagles.
His yardage total was the second-highest mark in the Cardinals' Arizona history. Anquan Boldin holds the mark with 217 yards set in his first NFL game in Week 1 of the 2003 season against the Detroit Lions.
Vince Marotta, Co-host - Bickley & Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Christian Tupou, Kevin Cone, Dominique Williams added to Arizona Cardinals' practice squad
- New Arizona Cardinals LB Thomas Keiser: I wanted to go pass rush for somebody
- Former Arizona Cardinals quarterback Max Hall arrested on shoplifting, drug charges
- Arizona Cardinals' GM Steve Keim: Jonathan Cooper will be great for the team
- Arizona Cardinals GM Steve Keim: 'I'm never done' building the roster
- Bruce Arians- Cardinals head coach - Tuesday September 2Bruce Arians thinks the NFC West has gotten stronger in 2014.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday September 2Will the NFL suspend 49ers' defensive end Ray McDonald?
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Tuesday September 2It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi!
- Steve Keim - Arizona Cardinals GM - Tuesday September 2Steve Keim discusses whether or not the Cardinals roster is set.
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves