Arizona Cardinals WR Michael Floyd impresses by overcoming adversity
The second-year pro from Notre Dame had six catches for 193 yards and his 91-yard touchdown catch in the third quarter gave Arizona a 10-point lead.
The numbers, obviously, were impressive, but Cardinals general manager Steve Keim says Floyd caught his eye for another reason.
"He actually bounced back from some adversity, I thought early in the game, there were one or two plays where I thought there were catchable balls that he had dropped. They were in traffic, so they would have been difficult catches, but still they were the kind of catches the 13th-overall pick would make," Keim told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Monday morning.
"He's such a competitor that he came back and made those big plays for us and I think that's just something that's going to continue to grow and he'll build on."
Not too bad for a guy who missed practice last Wednesday with a shoulder injury and who was listed as 'questionable' heading into the game.
Floyd's 91-yard reception was the longest Cardinals pass play since their inaugural season in the desert when Neil Lomax connected with Ernie Jones on a 93-yard scoring strike in a Week 15 win over the Philadelphia Eagles.
His yardage total was the second-highest mark in the Cardinals' Arizona history. Anquan Boldin holds the mark with 217 yards set in his first NFL game in Week 1 of the 2003 season against the Detroit Lions.
Vince Marotta, Co-host - Bickley & Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- The Pulse: Cardinals fans most excited to see division rivals
- A disappointed Darnell Dockett: Karlos Dansby 'chased the money'
- Arizona Cardinals 'bought right in' to offseason strength and conditioning program
- Arizona Cardinals' Dockett: 'Anything less than the playoffs is a failure'
- Thoughts on the 2014 Arizona Cardinals schedule
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals president - Thursday April 24What goes into the Cardinalsí draft preparation?
- Mark Schlereth, ESPN NFL analyst - Tuesday April 22ESPN NFL analyst Mark Schlereth talks about the NFL Draft.
- Terry McDonough, Cardinals VP of player personnel - Tuesday April 22Who will the Cardinals draft with their first-round pick?
- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals wide receiver - Tuesday April 22How are the Cardinals getting better in the offseason?
- Derek Carr- Fresno State quarterback - Monday April 21Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr talks about the NFL Draft.