Arizona Cardinals WR Michael Floyd impresses by overcoming adversity
The second-year pro from Notre Dame had six catches for 193 yards and his 91-yard touchdown catch in the third quarter gave Arizona a 10-point lead.
The numbers, obviously, were impressive, but Cardinals general manager Steve Keim says Floyd caught his eye for another reason.
"He actually bounced back from some adversity, I thought early in the game, there were one or two plays where I thought there were catchable balls that he had dropped. They were in traffic, so they would have been difficult catches, but still they were the kind of catches the 13th-overall pick would make," Keim told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Monday morning.
"He's such a competitor that he came back and made those big plays for us and I think that's just something that's going to continue to grow and he'll build on."
Not too bad for a guy who missed practice last Wednesday with a shoulder injury and who was listed as 'questionable' heading into the game.
Floyd's 91-yard reception was the longest Cardinals pass play since their inaugural season in the desert when Neil Lomax connected with Ernie Jones on a 93-yard scoring strike in a Week 15 win over the Philadelphia Eagles.
His yardage total was the second-highest mark in the Cardinals' Arizona history. Anquan Boldin holds the mark with 217 yards set in his first NFL game in Week 1 of the 2003 season against the Detroit Lions.
Vince Marotta, Co-host - Bickley & Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona Cardinals LB John Abraham's statement
- Arizona Cardinals' Jay Feely on proposal to push PATs back: 'There's going to be a lot more injuries'
- Cardinals rookie receiver John Brown doing more than relying on physical talents in training camp
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Brown sits out, Starks adds depth, Abraham will be in camp 'soon'
- Arizona Cardinals sign rookie free agent LB Derrell Johnson
- Tony Jefferson, Arizona Cardinals safety - Friday August 1Arizona Cardinals’ safety Tony Jefferson discusses training camp improvements.
- Bob McManaman, azcentral sports writer - Friday August 1azcentral sports writer Bob McManaman joins the show at Cardinals training camp.
- John Brown, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 1Cardinals rookie wide receiver John Brown says he is different from other rookies.
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 1Are the fortunes of the Arizona Cardinals changing?
- Doug & Wolf Impromptu Power Poll - Friday August 1Doug & Wolf's top 5 things to look for at Cardinals' Fan Fest.