The Pulse: Cardinals fans believe a loss to the Jaguars would be an 'embarrassment'
To do so, Bruce Arians' squad will have to beat a Jaguars team that took nine weeks to notch their first victory of the season.
It's a feat most fans think should be a forgone conclusion.
Of the 225 polled by Arizona Sports, 62 percent of voters (140) said it would be an embarrassment if Arizona lost, 31 percent (69) said Arizona should call it a season if it should lose, while a mere seven percent (16) said they would see a loss to Jacksonville as just another loss.
The Cardinals are a rare 7 1/2 point favorite, despite the game being played over 2,000 miles away from University of Phoenix Stadium.
Kickoff is at 11:00 MDT and can be heard on Arizona Sports 620.
- Arizona Cardinals linebacker Larry Foote says defense is good enough to overcome Darnell Dockett injury
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 22, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals' DE Calais Campbell: Dockett injury 'sucks,' others need to step up
- A game-time decision, Jonathan Cooper going through learning experience with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals RB Andre Ellington bulks up in anticipation of harder hits this season
- Peter King, SI.com senior NFL writer - Friday August 22Peter King thinks Carson Palmer could have a big year for the Cardinals.
- Michael Floyd, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 22Michael Floyd says he thinks he can be the best wide receiver in the NFL.
- Jared Veldheer, Cardinals tackle - Friday August 22Jared Veldheer talks about his road from a Division II college to the NFL.
- Bob McManaman- Arizona Republic senior sportswriter - Friday August 22Bob McManaman believes that Jay Feely is in danger of getting cut from the Cardinals.
- Andre Ellington- Cardinals running back - Friday August 22Andre Ellington looks forward to a break out year with the Arizona Cardinals.