Updated Nov 15, 2013 - 2:36 pm
Arizona Cardinals' Michael Floyd expects to play Sunday against Jacksonville Jaguars
The second-year receiver hurt his shoulder in the Cardinals' win over the Houston Texans last week and after not practicing Wednesday was "limited" Thursday and Friday. He's listed as "questionable" on the official injury report, but said Friday he not only expects to play, but plans on playing his normal allotment of reps.
"Not holding anything back," he said Friday. "If I was going to hold anything back, I probably wouldn't play, so...yeah, I'm going to play."
Taken with the 13th pick in the first round out of Notre Dame last season, Floyd has been about as productive as you could expect. In nine games this season, he's caught 36 passes for 464 yards and two touchdowns, all of which rank second on the team.
The team's offense did not suffer too much without him last week, as receiver Andre Roberts and tight end Rob Housler stepped in and had big games, combining for 129 yards and two touchdowns on nine receptions.
However, their performance did not make Roberts feel any extra pressure to get back on the field.
"If I don't feel right there's no need for me to get in there," he said. "It was an opportunity for 'Dre to get in there and he did a good job. That's what the whole team expects, is if someone goes down it's the next man up."
But according to Floyd -- and his coach -- that will be Floyd Sunday in Jacksonville.
"Michael should be ready to go," he said Friday. "He practiced yesterday and today and looks pretty solid."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- NFL writer: Cardinals wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald 'bound to improve' in 2014
- GM Steve Keim updates Arizona Cardinals' draft progress
- NFL Draft '14: Is it time for the Arizona Cardinals to draft a QB?
- Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald to be honored for off-the-field work
- 2014 Arizona Cardinals draft stock tracker
- Steve Keim, Cardinals GM - Friday April 18Will the Cardinals draft a quarterback?
- John McClain, NFL insider - Thursday April 17Who will the Texans draft?
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.