Updated Nov 15, 2013 - 2:36 pm
Arizona Cardinals' Michael Floyd expects to play Sunday against Jacksonville Jaguars
The second-year receiver hurt his shoulder in the Cardinals' win over the Houston Texans last week and after not practicing Wednesday was "limited" Thursday and Friday. He's listed as "questionable" on the official injury report, but said Friday he not only expects to play, but plans on playing his normal allotment of reps.
"Not holding anything back," he said Friday. "If I was going to hold anything back, I probably wouldn't play, so...yeah, I'm going to play."
Taken with the 13th pick in the first round out of Notre Dame last season, Floyd has been about as productive as you could expect. In nine games this season, he's caught 36 passes for 464 yards and two touchdowns, all of which rank second on the team.
The team's offense did not suffer too much without him last week, as receiver Andre Roberts and tight end Rob Housler stepped in and had big games, combining for 129 yards and two touchdowns on nine receptions.
However, their performance did not make Roberts feel any extra pressure to get back on the field.
"If I don't feel right there's no need for me to get in there," he said. "It was an opportunity for 'Dre to get in there and he did a good job. That's what the whole team expects, is if someone goes down it's the next man up."
But according to Floyd -- and his coach -- that will be Floyd Sunday in Jacksonville.
"Michael should be ready to go," he said Friday. "He practiced yesterday and today and looks pretty solid."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Cardinals running back Rashard Mendenhall calls it quits in Huffington Post article
- NFL writer: Cardinals could turn attention to Jared Veldheer if Branden Albert heads to Dolphins
- PFT: All signs point to free agent tackle Albert signing with Dolphins
- Agent confirms Cardinals running back Rashard Mendenhall to retire
- Daryn Colledge tweets of his release from Cardinals
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!