ESPN's Kiper: Cardinals should look to draft a QB
Yet, at 33 years old, the former number one pick is no spring chicken, and it is not as if his 2,154 yards and 12 touchdowns are pacing the NFL, and his 15 interceptions, which rank second in the NFL, give reason for pause.
So, it stands to reason the Cardinals may explore other options at the QB position, possibly as soon as this upcoming offseason.
According to ESPN's Mel Kiper Jr., who wrote an Insider piece titled "Which teams will draft a QB?"
He places the Cardinals in a three-team group under the header "Get somebody ready."
Carson Palmer's contract should have him around for 2014, but he has been decidedly average this season, and I think the Cardinals are over any assumptions that Palmer will grow into something they haven't already seen. He's a talented QB, but middle of the pack in terms of execution. They should be looking closely for someone to develop.
Besides Palmer, the Cardinals currently have quarterbacks Drew Stanton and Ryan Lindley on the roster. Neither projects to be a viable long-term starter, however, so it is very possible Bruce Arians and the team will look to address the position early in the 2014 Draft.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona Cardinals linebacker Larry Foote says defense is good enough to overcome Darnell Dockett injury
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 22, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals' DE Calais Campbell: Dockett injury 'sucks,' others need to step up
- A game-time decision, Jonathan Cooper going through learning experience with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals RB Andre Ellington bulks up in anticipation of harder hits this season
- Peter King, SI.com senior NFL writer - Friday August 22Peter King thinks Carson Palmer could have a big year for the Cardinals.
- Michael Floyd, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 22Michael Floyd says he thinks he can be the best wide receiver in the NFL.
- Jared Veldheer, Cardinals tackle - Friday August 22Jared Veldheer talks about his road from a Division II college to the NFL.
- Bob McManaman- Arizona Republic senior sportswriter - Friday August 22Bob McManaman believes that Jay Feely is in danger of getting cut from the Cardinals.
- Andre Ellington- Cardinals running back - Friday August 22Andre Ellington looks forward to a break out year with the Arizona Cardinals.