Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Nov. 7
- For the second straight day, left tackle Bradley Sowell was absent for the portion of practice that was available to the media. Coach Bruce Arians said Wednesday some players were out sick, and Sowell was listed on the injury report as being exactly that. So yeah, I guess you could say he's not feeling so well.
- Didn't see tackle Bobby Massie out there, either. (Note: Massie missed practice Thursday for a non-injury-related reason.
- During the special teams drills, cornerback Antoine Cason and receiver Larry Fitzgerald shared a brief chat. No doubt in my mind they were talking about the big Arizona vs. UCLA game this weekend. Either that or something actually important to the team.
- Defensive back Patrick Peterson did some throwing drills with the team's quarterbacks. He asked the media if we saw him "beat Carson." I assume he was talking about the drill where the passers try to place the ball into certain spots in a net. I nodded my head yes, which made him happy to know his claim was validated. I lied. Sorry Patrick, not sure if any of us saw it happen. That does not mean it didn't, of course...
Stat of the Day
In two career games against the Texans, Cardinals WR Larry Fitzgerald has caught 11 passes for 164 yards and three touchdowns. His quarterbacks in those games were Kurt Warner and John Navarre.
Quote of the Day
"We're focused on trying to get another win at home against a damn good football team in Houston," receiver Larry Fitzgerald said. "It's a very talented group we're playing against. I don't know how they're 2-6, but you look at them on tape and you look at their personnel -- they're just unbelievably talented across the board."
This Day in Arizona Cardinals History
On November 7, 1993, the Chris Chandler-led Phoenix Cardinals knocked off the Philadelphia Eagles 16-3 at Sun Devil Stadium.
The Eagles took a 3-0 first quarter lead on a 27-yard Matt Bahr field goal, but that was all they'd get in the game.
Chandler completed just 10-of-20 passes for 121 yards and one touchdown, which was a 10-yard strike to Gary Clark in the second quarter. Ronald Moore gained 160 yards on 36 carries, the Cardinals sacked QB Ken O'Brien four times and picked him off once, and the Eagles were penalized 10 times for 60 yards on the afternoon.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- The Pulse: Two-thirds of voters say Arizona Cardinals should go with a new kicker
- Arizona Cardinals safety Deone Bucannon: clean hits 'something I have to learn'
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 21, 2014
- Michael Floyd knocking off the rust as he returns to field for Arizona Cardinals
- Cardinals Sunday Night Football game against Bengals sold out
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Cardinals beat writer - Thursday August 21Kent Somers talks about how many touches Andre Ellington should get per game.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Thursday August 21Bruce Arians discusses the importance of Sunday's third preseason game.
- Darren Urban, AZcardinals.com beat writer - Thursday August 21Darren Urban discusses what the Cardinals will do without Darnell Dockett
- Ted Larsen, Cardinals offensive linemen - Thursday August 21Ted Larsen talks about making the move from center to left guard.
- Deone Bucannon- Cardinals safety - Thursday August 21Deone Bucannon talks about finding his role on the Cardinals' defense.