Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Nov. 6
- Left tackle Bradley Sowell did not participate in the portion of practice that was open to the media.
- On the other hand, running back Rashard Mendenhall and receiver Larry Fitzgerald were on the field going through drills with the team.
- Receiver Michael Floyd spent some time on the side catching passes -- with one hand. He's quite adept at it, too.
Stat of the Day
Cardinals QB Carson Palmer has faced the Houston Texans just twice in his career, going 1-1 in the process. He has completed 69.57 percent of his passes for 535 yards with two touchdowns and one interception.
Quote of the Day
"He's the best of the best; he's an elite, elite player," Cardinals right tackle Eric Winston said of Texans DE J.J. Watt, who has 5.5 sacks this season after tallying 20.5 last year. "I don't think it was an overstatement when Wade, in the beginning of the season, said he's going to be a future hall of famer if he keeps it up. I think there's no doubt about it.
"No one's blocked him yet, hopefully I can get in his way a few times."
This Day in Arizona Cardinals History
On November 6, 2011, the Arizona Cardinals beat the St. Louis Rams on a 99-yard Patrick Peterson punt return touchdown in overtime.
The game only went into overtime because QB John Skelton hit Larry Fitzgerald for a 13-yard touchdown with under five minutes remaining, then Calais Campbell blocked Josh Brown's would-be game winning FG attempt as regulation expired.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- With Jared Veldheer signing, Steve Keim has done it again
- Numbers say Jared Veldheer is a big pickup for the Arizona Cardinals
- Team broadcaster 'mystified' that Raiders let Jared Veldheer go to Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals benefit from the Carson Palmer effect
- It's official: Arizona Cardinals re-sign trio of players, release Daryn Colledge
- Tom Flores, Oakland Raiders radio color commentator - Tuesday March 11Tom Flores discusses Cardinals signing of left tackle Jared Veldheer.
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday March 11Is Jim Harbaugh still welcome in San Francisco?
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Monday March 10Kent Somers talks all things Cardinals free agency.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.