Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Nov. 6
- Left tackle Bradley Sowell did not participate in the portion of practice that was open to the media.
- On the other hand, running back Rashard Mendenhall and receiver Larry Fitzgerald were on the field going through drills with the team.
- Receiver Michael Floyd spent some time on the side catching passes -- with one hand. He's quite adept at it, too.
Stat of the Day
Cardinals QB Carson Palmer has faced the Houston Texans just twice in his career, going 1-1 in the process. He has completed 69.57 percent of his passes for 535 yards with two touchdowns and one interception.
Quote of the Day
"He's the best of the best; he's an elite, elite player," Cardinals right tackle Eric Winston said of Texans DE J.J. Watt, who has 5.5 sacks this season after tallying 20.5 last year. "I don't think it was an overstatement when Wade, in the beginning of the season, said he's going to be a future hall of famer if he keeps it up. I think there's no doubt about it.
"No one's blocked him yet, hopefully I can get in his way a few times."
This Day in Arizona Cardinals History
On November 6, 2011, the Arizona Cardinals beat the St. Louis Rams on a 99-yard Patrick Peterson punt return touchdown in overtime.
The game only went into overtime because QB John Skelton hit Larry Fitzgerald for a 13-yard touchdown with under five minutes remaining, then Calais Campbell blocked Josh Brown's would-be game winning FG attempt as regulation expired.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- The Pulse: Cardinals fans most excited to see division rivals
- A disappointed Darnell Dockett: Karlos Dansby 'chased the money'
- Arizona Cardinals 'bought right in' to offseason strength and conditioning program
- Arizona Cardinals' Dockett: 'Anything less than the playoffs is a failure'
- Thoughts on the 2014 Arizona Cardinals schedule
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals president - Thursday April 24What goes into the Cardinalsí draft preparation?
- Mark Schlereth, ESPN NFL analyst - Tuesday April 22ESPN NFL analyst Mark Schlereth talks about the NFL Draft.
- Terry McDonough, Cardinals VP of player personnel - Tuesday April 22Who will the Cardinals draft with their first-round pick?
- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals wide receiver - Tuesday April 22How are the Cardinals getting better in the offseason?
- Derek Carr- Fresno State quarterback - Monday April 21Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr talks about the NFL Draft.