Updated Oct 30, 2013 - 12:17 pm
Arizona Cardinals safety Tyrann Mathieu named to Sporting News' 'all-bargain team'
The rookie defensive back was recently6 named to Sporting News NFL's "all-bargain team," landing at No. 22 on the list. His salary of $405,000 in 2013 means the Cardinals have received a good return on their modest investment so far.
He's wanted to shed both the Honey Badger nickname and some of his troubled past at LSU, and his immediate standout play has been huge indication of his commitment to be better all-around in the NFL. He has become so fun to watch on Sunday because he seems to be everywhere making clutch plays. His stats across the board (one sack, two interceptions, five passes defended, a forced fumble and 47 tackles) indicate that.
Mathieu found himself on the list just behind Cleveland Browns safety T.J. Ward and ahead of Miami Dolphins kicker Caleb Sturgis. Seattle's Russell Wilson, with a salary of $526,217, was listed as No. 1 on the "all-bargain team."
Andrew Gilstrap, Web Content Editor - KTAR.com/ArizonaSports.com
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.
- Roger Kingdom, Arizona Cardinals' Speed Coach - Monday April 7Roger Kingdom talks about translating muscle gained to the field without slowing the players down.
- Itís Paulís Call with Paul Calvisi! - Friday April 4The rat pack is on the loose!