Updated Oct 30, 2013 - 12:17 pm
Arizona Cardinals safety Tyrann Mathieu named to Sporting News' 'all-bargain team'
The rookie defensive back was recently6 named to Sporting News NFL's "all-bargain team," landing at No. 22 on the list. His salary of $405,000 in 2013 means the Cardinals have received a good return on their modest investment so far.
He's wanted to shed both the Honey Badger nickname and some of his troubled past at LSU, and his immediate standout play has been huge indication of his commitment to be better all-around in the NFL. He has become so fun to watch on Sunday because he seems to be everywhere making clutch plays. His stats across the board (one sack, two interceptions, five passes defended, a forced fumble and 47 tackles) indicate that.
Mathieu found himself on the list just behind Cleveland Browns safety T.J. Ward and ahead of Miami Dolphins kicker Caleb Sturgis. Seattle's Russell Wilson, with a salary of $526,217, was listed as No. 1 on the "all-bargain team."
Andrew Gilstrap, Web Content Editor - KTAR.com/ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona Cardinals teammates react to Patrick Peterson's contract extension
- Patrick Peterson's new contract compared to other top NFL cornerbacks
- Notes from the Nest: July 29, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals, Patrick Peterson agree on extension
- Arizona Cardinals' Deone Bucannon supplies the highlight of Tuesday's practice
- Justin Bethel, Cardinals cornerback - Tuesday July 29Justin Bethel discusses his role on special teams and how training camp has gone so far.
- Pete Prisco, Senior NFL Columnist - Tuesday July 29Senior NFL columnist for CBS Pete Prisco shares his thoughts on how the Cardinals stack against othe
- Stepfan Taylor, Cardinals running back - Tuesday July 29Cardinals running back Stepfan Taylor talks training camp and his expanded role on offense.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Monday July 28Lorenzo Alexander gives his take on replacing Daryl Washington and praises former teammate London Fl
- Darren Urban, Arizona Cardinals reporter - Monday July 28Cardinals reporter Darren Urban discusses team improvements and which player he thinks will have a b