Updated Oct 30, 2013 - 12:17 pm
Arizona Cardinals safety Tyrann Mathieu named to Sporting News' 'all-bargain team'
The rookie defensive back was recently6 named to Sporting News NFL's "all-bargain team," landing at No. 22 on the list. His salary of $405,000 in 2013 means the Cardinals have received a good return on their modest investment so far.
He's wanted to shed both the Honey Badger nickname and some of his troubled past at LSU, and his immediate standout play has been huge indication of his commitment to be better all-around in the NFL. He has become so fun to watch on Sunday because he seems to be everywhere making clutch plays. His stats across the board (one sack, two interceptions, five passes defended, a forced fumble and 47 tackles) indicate that.
Mathieu found himself on the list just behind Cleveland Browns safety T.J. Ward and ahead of Miami Dolphins kicker Caleb Sturgis. Seattle's Russell Wilson, with a salary of $526,217, was listed as No. 1 on the "all-bargain team."
Andrew Gilstrap, Web Content Editor - KTAR.com/ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona Cardinals' OC: Rashard Mendenhall 'back to what I remember' from Pittsburgh
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 5
- Arizona Cardinals' Jay Feely feels a responsibility to help others
- Arizona Cardinals' O-line faces familiar challenge in St. Louis Rams' Robert Quinn
- Injury Report: St. Louis Rams at Arizona Cardinals
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 5A recap of the Cardinals game in Philly and what to expect against the Rams.
- Craig Wolfley, Steelers Sideline Analyst - Thursday December 5Will Ben Roethlisberger leave the Steelers?
- NFL Power Poll - Week 14 - Wednesday December 4Doug & Wolf debate which teams are top 5 in the NFL
- Daryl Johnston, Fox NFL Analyst - Tuesday December 3What were his takeaways from the Cardinals loss to Philadelphia?
- Bruce Arians- Arizona Cardinals Head Coach - Monday December 2Bruce Arians discusses the poor officiating Sunday against the Eagles.