Updated Oct 30, 2013 - 12:17 pm
Arizona Cardinals safety Tyrann Mathieu named to Sporting News' 'all-bargain team'
The rookie defensive back was recently6 named to Sporting News NFL's "all-bargain team," landing at No. 22 on the list. His salary of $405,000 in 2013 means the Cardinals have received a good return on their modest investment so far.
He's wanted to shed both the Honey Badger nickname and some of his troubled past at LSU, and his immediate standout play has been huge indication of his commitment to be better all-around in the NFL. He has become so fun to watch on Sunday because he seems to be everywhere making clutch plays. His stats across the board (one sack, two interceptions, five passes defended, a forced fumble and 47 tackles) indicate that.
Mathieu found himself on the list just behind Cleveland Browns safety T.J. Ward and ahead of Miami Dolphins kicker Caleb Sturgis. Seattle's Russell Wilson, with a salary of $526,217, was listed as No. 1 on the "all-bargain team."
Andrew Gilstrap, Web Content Editor - KTAR.com/ArizonaSports.com
- Cardinals wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald excited about team's offensive additions
- Larry Fitzgerald celebrity softball game this Saturday
- Pat Tillman's death remembered 10 years later
- Arizona Cardinals' Terry McDonough: Emotion not a good tool for evaluating draft talent
- NFL Draft '14: A closer look at Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr
- Mark Schlereth, ESPN NFL analyst - Tuesday April 22ESPN NFL analyst Mark Schlereth talks about the NFL Draft.
- Terry McDonough, Cardinals VP of player personnel - Tuesday April 22Who will the Cardinals draft with their first-round pick?
- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals wide receiver - Tuesday April 22How are the Cardinals getting better in the offseason?
- Derek Carr- Fresno State quarterback - Monday April 21Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr talks about the NFL Draft.
- Steve Keim, Cardinals GM - Friday April 18Will the Cardinals draft a quarterback?