Fantasy Football Weekly: Week 8 pickups
It's a tough week for running backs too. I had to start Mike James in one of my leagues, and although it didn't completely crush my running game, it still hurts to start someone this late in the season when the last time you heard their name was on a Saturday.
If this is the week you stacked your byes or if you need to fill a gaping hole in your lineup, check out these players and pick up a win in Week 8.
Your six Week 8 bye teams: BAL, CHI, HOU, IND, SD, TEN
QB - 19% Geno Smith, NYJ @ CIN - This guy seems to find a way to get a TD or two every week despite a revolving door of offensive skill players around him. Rex Ryan decided just a few plays into the game that Chris Ivory was going to replace Bilal Powell at running back and Ivory won the carries battle 34-3. The only consistent feature of this offensive attack all year has been Smith.
WR - 8% Andre Roberts, ARI vs. ATL - With Larry Fitgerald obviously ailing and the running game becoming more stagnant as Rashard Mendenhall continues to get carries, Carson Palmer will have to go to the air even more and Roberts can be the benefactor. I'm really hoping that Andre Ellington will become this team's every down back but that seems a little farfetched seeing as Arians won't let his love for Mendenhall go.
RB - 52% Joseph Randle, DAL @ DET - Good matchup here for last week's breakout running back. If DeMarco Murray doesn't play then Randle will be in line for the start and another great day on the field. It seems like everyone desperately needs another back right now and this is a great option for plug and play on such a big off-week for the position.
TE - 58% Jordan Reed, WAS @ DEN - This guy is a MUST OWN. The Redskins will be passing all day and will be able to expand the offense a bit more with RG3's knee becoming less and less of an issue. The best sign for Reed owners is that Fred Davis was a healthy scratch last week. Even you have a good TE, get this guy on your team for Flex purposes.
DEF - 35% Pittsburgh Steelers @ OAK - The old timey Steelers D should come out in this game. The run-stuffing, hard-hitting, flying-Polomaluing Steel Curtain will be in full effect, especially since the Raiders continue to have issues running the ball. Darren McFadden will return for Oakland but he won't be 100% and has a rough match up ahead of him. Ignore Pitt's record in this one, the D will be ready to shut down the Raiders.
- Notes from the Nest: July 27, 2014
- Cardinals CB Patrick Peterson reasserts self as NFL's best
- Earl Watford, Paul Fanaika battling for Arizona Cardinals' right guard job
- Patrick Peterson 'relieved' of offensive, special teams duties with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals TE Troy Niklas forced to play catch-up
- Kent Somers- AZCentral Sports - Friday July 25AZCentral Sports Cardinals beat writer Kent Somers discusses some of the challenges facing the Cardi
- Kevin Minter-Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 25Arizona Cardinals linebacker Kevin Minter discusses his new role this upcoming season.
- Bickley Blast - Friday July 25The Cardinals kick off training camp with high expectations.
- Impromptu Power Poll - Friday July 25What are the top 5 position battles for the AZ Cardinals heading into training camp?
- Carson Palmer, AZ Cardinals QB - Friday July 25Cardinals QB Carson Palmer describes the key to this offense winning games.