Arizona Cardinals GM: O-line played its 'worst game' of season vs. Seahawks
According to ProFootballFocus.com, he was pressured on 31 of his 54 dropbacks, meaning he was under duress more often than not.
"Our offensive line, quite frankly, played their worst game of the season," Cardinals GM Steve Keim told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Monday. "Three of the five guys struggled significantly.
"Some of it was technique, some of it was just getting whipped at the line of scrimmage."
Keim added it is something that needs to be improved, saying the issues stem from a combination of personnel and technique.
"We're certainly going to continue to work our butts off to address that position," he said.
It is unclear what, if anything, Keim and his staff can do to fix the personnel. The team traded left tackle Levi Brown to the Pittsburgh Steelers a few weeks ago, but the veteran's replacement, Bradley Sowell, has struggled.
And as ProFootballFocus noted, Sowell has allowed 24 pressures in three starts, including nine in Thursday's loss. Right tackle Eric Winston, who was a free agent pickup, allowed nine hurries and one sack to the Seahwks, while guards Paul Fanaika and Nate Potter (who replaced an injured Daryn Colledge) each struggled up front.
The site graded only center Lyle Sendlein and guard Daryn Colledge positively in the loss.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 1, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals LB John Abraham releases statement on June DUI arrest
- Arizona Cardinals' Jay Feely on proposal to push PATs back: 'There's going to be a lot more injuries'
- Cardinals rookie receiver John Brown doing more than relying on physical talents in training camp
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Brown sits out, Starks adds depth, Abraham will be in camp 'soon'
- Kareem Martin, Arizona Cardinals defensive end - Friday August 1Arizona Cardinals’ defensive end Kareem Martin speaks on his first NFL training camp experience.
- Tony Jefferson, Arizona Cardinals safety - Friday August 1Arizona Cardinals’ safety Tony Jefferson discusses training camp improvements.
- Bob McManaman, azcentral sports writer - Friday August 1azcentral sports writer Bob McManaman joins the show at Cardinals training camp.
- John Brown, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 1Cardinals rookie wide receiver John Brown says he is different from other rookies.
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 1Are the fortunes of the Arizona Cardinals changing?