Arizona Cardinals GM: O-line played its 'worst game' of season vs. Seahawks
According to ProFootballFocus.com, he was pressured on 31 of his 54 dropbacks, meaning he was under duress more often than not.
"Our offensive line, quite frankly, played their worst game of the season," Cardinals GM Steve Keim told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Monday. "Three of the five guys struggled significantly.
"Some of it was technique, some of it was just getting whipped at the line of scrimmage."
Keim added it is something that needs to be improved, saying the issues stem from a combination of personnel and technique.
"We're certainly going to continue to work our butts off to address that position," he said.
It is unclear what, if anything, Keim and his staff can do to fix the personnel. The team traded left tackle Levi Brown to the Pittsburgh Steelers a few weeks ago, but the veteran's replacement, Bradley Sowell, has struggled.
And as ProFootballFocus noted, Sowell has allowed 24 pressures in three starts, including nine in Thursday's loss. Right tackle Eric Winston, who was a free agent pickup, allowed nine hurries and one sack to the Seahwks, while guards Paul Fanaika and Nate Potter (who replaced an injured Daryn Colledge) each struggled up front.
The site graded only center Lyle Sendlein and guard Daryn Colledge positively in the loss.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona Cardinals sign free agent tight end John Carlson
- CBS Sports' Prisco: Re-signing Karlos Dansby not imperative for Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals re-sign NT Alameda Ta'amu
- Arizona Cardinals hire former Olympic runner Roger Kingdom as assistant trainer
- Jay Feely sounds off on proposed extra point changes
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!