Arizona Cardinals GM: O-line played its 'worst game' of season vs. Seahawks
According to ProFootballFocus.com, he was pressured on 31 of his 54 dropbacks, meaning he was under duress more often than not.
"Our offensive line, quite frankly, played their worst game of the season," Cardinals GM Steve Keim told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Monday. "Three of the five guys struggled significantly.
"Some of it was technique, some of it was just getting whipped at the line of scrimmage."
Keim added it is something that needs to be improved, saying the issues stem from a combination of personnel and technique.
"We're certainly going to continue to work our butts off to address that position," he said.
It is unclear what, if anything, Keim and his staff can do to fix the personnel. The team traded left tackle Levi Brown to the Pittsburgh Steelers a few weeks ago, but the veteran's replacement, Bradley Sowell, has struggled.
And as ProFootballFocus noted, Sowell has allowed 24 pressures in three starts, including nine in Thursday's loss. Right tackle Eric Winston, who was a free agent pickup, allowed nine hurries and one sack to the Seahwks, while guards Paul Fanaika and Nate Potter (who replaced an injured Daryn Colledge) each struggled up front.
The site graded only center Lyle Sendlein and guard Daryn Colledge positively in the loss.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Steve Keim, Cardinals GM - Friday April 18Will the Cardinals draft a quarterback?
- John McClain, NFL insider - Thursday April 17Who will the Texans draft?
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.