Arizona Cardinals GM: O-line played its 'worst game' of season vs. Seahawks
According to ProFootballFocus.com, he was pressured on 31 of his 54 dropbacks, meaning he was under duress more often than not.
"Our offensive line, quite frankly, played their worst game of the season," Cardinals GM Steve Keim told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Monday. "Three of the five guys struggled significantly.
"Some of it was technique, some of it was just getting whipped at the line of scrimmage."
Keim added it is something that needs to be improved, saying the issues stem from a combination of personnel and technique.
"We're certainly going to continue to work our butts off to address that position," he said.
It is unclear what, if anything, Keim and his staff can do to fix the personnel. The team traded left tackle Levi Brown to the Pittsburgh Steelers a few weeks ago, but the veteran's replacement, Bradley Sowell, has struggled.
And as ProFootballFocus noted, Sowell has allowed 24 pressures in three starts, including nine in Thursday's loss. Right tackle Eric Winston, who was a free agent pickup, allowed nine hurries and one sack to the Seahwks, while guards Paul Fanaika and Nate Potter (who replaced an injured Daryn Colledge) each struggled up front.
The site graded only center Lyle Sendlein and guard Daryn Colledge positively in the loss.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona Cardinals' Bobby Massie eager to earn back starting job at right tackle
- A 'confident' Andre Ellington excited about increased role with Arizona Cardinals
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Fighting not tolerated in Cardinals camp
- Antonio Cromartie: Arizona Cardinals ‘most talented secondary' he has been a part of
- Arizona Cardinals' GM Steve Keim: Bobby Massie in 'best shape of his career'
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Monday July 28Lorenzo Alexander gives his take on replacing Daryl Washington and praises former teammate London Fl
- Darren Urban, Arizona Cardinals reporter - Monday July 28Cardinals reporter Darren Urban discusses team improvements and which player he thinks will have a b
- Antonio Cromartie, Cardinals defensive back - Monday July 28Antonio Cromartie talks about his expectations for this year's Arizona Cardinals.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Monday July 28Cardinals coach Bruce Arians talks about the first days of training camp and what he's seen from pl
- Dave Pasch, Voice of the Arizona Cardinals - Monday July 28The voice of the Cardinals Dave Pasch shares his first impressions of training camp.