Arizona Cardinals GM: O-line played its 'worst game' of season vs. Seahawks
According to ProFootballFocus.com, he was pressured on 31 of his 54 dropbacks, meaning he was under duress more often than not.
"Our offensive line, quite frankly, played their worst game of the season," Cardinals GM Steve Keim told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Monday. "Three of the five guys struggled significantly.
"Some of it was technique, some of it was just getting whipped at the line of scrimmage."
Keim added it is something that needs to be improved, saying the issues stem from a combination of personnel and technique.
"We're certainly going to continue to work our butts off to address that position," he said.
It is unclear what, if anything, Keim and his staff can do to fix the personnel. The team traded left tackle Levi Brown to the Pittsburgh Steelers a few weeks ago, but the veteran's replacement, Bradley Sowell, has struggled.
And as ProFootballFocus noted, Sowell has allowed 24 pressures in three starts, including nine in Thursday's loss. Right tackle Eric Winston, who was a free agent pickup, allowed nine hurries and one sack to the Seahwks, while guards Paul Fanaika and Nate Potter (who replaced an injured Daryn Colledge) each struggled up front.
The site graded only center Lyle Sendlein and guard Daryn Colledge positively in the loss.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona Cardinals don't want to be NFC West's 'stepchild' any longer
- Arizona Cardinals will have Andre Ellington back on the field vs. Rams
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 6
- A different kind of measuring stick awaits Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals' coach expects 'questionable' Carson Palmer to play Sunday vs. St. Louis Rams
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday December 6The Professor provides insight into this week's NFL headlines
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 5A recap of the Cardinals game in Philly and what to expect against the Rams.
- Craig Wolfley, Steelers Sideline Analyst - Thursday December 5Will Ben Roethlisberger leave the Steelers?