Updated Oct 18, 2013 - 8:03 am
Finally healthy, Arizona Cardinals linebacker John Abraham records two sacks
But when the second-year quarterback was corralled during Seattle's 34-22 victory, it was often Arizona Cardinals linebacker John Abraham doing the dirty work.
Abraham recorded the first two sacks of his Cardinals' career in the third quarter of the 12-point loss. Both sacks resulted in fumbles with the second one getting recovered by fellow linebacker Matt Shaughnessy.
The 14-year veteran said his performance had more to do with health than circumstance.
"Getting a lot of treatment on my shoulder," Abraham said when asked what was the biggest difference between Thursday night and the first six weeks. "I've had a lot of shoulder problems. And rushing the passer, when you're arm isn't there like you want them to be it tends to hurt you against the run and the pass.
"I did a lot of work and rehab and getting it back. It felt a lot better, and it felt like I could get around the corner. I was able to use my arm more in the pass rush."
Despite taking down the 61st different quarterback in his career, the NFL's active sack leader left the field at University of Phoenix Stadium disappointed by the final result.
"We felt like we could play with this team," said Abraham. "There were just not enough big plays, and we gave up way too much on the ground. [Marshawn] Lynch is a great running back, but the quarterback-running back duo really got to us in the ground game.
"They did a real good job on the read option and got yards when they needed it."
Dave Dulberg, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona Cardinals Bruce Arians not surprised James Harrison retired
- Christian Tupou, Kevin Cone, Dominique Williams added to Arizona Cardinals' practice squad
- New Arizona Cardinals LB Thomas Keiser: I wanted to go pass rush for somebody
- Former Arizona Cardinals quarterback Max Hall arrested on shoplifting, drug charges
- Arizona Cardinals' GM Steve Keim: Jonathan Cooper will be great for the team
- Bruce Arians- Cardinals head coach - Tuesday September 2Bruce Arians thinks the NFC West has gotten stronger in 2014.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday September 2Will the NFL suspend 49ers' defensive end Ray McDonald?
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Tuesday September 2It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi!
- Steve Keim - Arizona Cardinals GM - Tuesday September 2Steve Keim discusses whether or not the Cardinals roster is set.
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves