Updated Oct 18, 2013 - 8:03 am
Finally healthy, Arizona Cardinals linebacker John Abraham records two sacks
But when the second-year quarterback was corralled during Seattle's 34-22 victory, it was often Arizona Cardinals linebacker John Abraham doing the dirty work.
Abraham recorded the first two sacks of his Cardinals' career in the third quarter of the 12-point loss. Both sacks resulted in fumbles with the second one getting recovered by fellow linebacker Matt Shaughnessy.
The 14-year veteran said his performance had more to do with health than circumstance.
"Getting a lot of treatment on my shoulder," Abraham said when asked what was the biggest difference between Thursday night and the first six weeks. "I've had a lot of shoulder problems. And rushing the passer, when you're arm isn't there like you want them to be it tends to hurt you against the run and the pass.
"I did a lot of work and rehab and getting it back. It felt a lot better, and it felt like I could get around the corner. I was able to use my arm more in the pass rush."
Despite taking down the 61st different quarterback in his career, the NFL's active sack leader left the field at University of Phoenix Stadium disappointed by the final result.
"We felt like we could play with this team," said Abraham. "There were just not enough big plays, and we gave up way too much on the ground. [Marshawn] Lynch is a great running back, but the quarterback-running back duo really got to us in the ground game.
"They did a real good job on the read option and got yards when they needed it."
Dave Dulberg, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Brown sits out, Starks adds depth, Abraham will be in camp 'soon'
- Arizona Cardinals sign rookie free agent LB Derrell Johnson
- Arizona Cardinals bring in veteran Max Starks for depth, not to replace Bobby Massie
- Arizona Cardinals sign tackle Max Starks, release two
- Arizona Cardinals running back Jonathan Dwyer relishing opportunity in the desert
- Bob McManaman, azcentral sports writer - Friday August 1azcentral sports writer Bob McManaman joins the show at Cardinals training camp.
- John Brown, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 1Cardinals rookie wide receiver John Brown says he is different from other rookies.
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 1Are the fortunes of the Arizona Cardinals changing?
- Doug & Wolf Impromptu Power Poll - Friday August 1Doug & Wolf's top 5 things to look for at Cardinals' Fan Fest.
- Jonathan Dwyer, Arizona Cardinals RB - Friday August 1Cardinals RB Jonathan Dwyer talks about coming to a new team.