Arizona Cardinals' Calais Campbell returns to game action
Campbell was not among the seven players on the inactive list released 90 minutes before kickoff of the nationally televised game between the two division rivals.
Campbell is four days removed from being placed on a stretcher and carted off the field in San Francisco. He was experiencing numbness and tingling in his extremities following a fourth quarter collision with teammate Karlos Dansby while the two made a tackle.
"This is a game you don't want to miss," Campbell said Wednesday. "I'm feeling good. I know my body. My body is feeling good, so that's all I'm really worried about is how I feel. If I had felt like I couldn't protect myself or go out there and play the game the way I'm supposed to I wouldn't go out there."
For the first time this season offensive lineman Bobby Massie is active.
Here is the inactive list: LB Kenny Demens WR Brittian Golden TE D.C. Jefferson QB Ryan Lindley LB Dontay Moch OL Earl Watford RB Ryan Williams
Demens and Golden are both dealing with hamstring injuries.
The other five players are all coach's decisions, including Moch who had played each of the past three weeks and had played well.
For Seattle, despite not practicing Tuesday, running back Marshawn Lynch (hip) is active.
Craig Grialou, Reporter
- Cardinals receive 'B' offseason grade from USA Today
- NFL.com's Rosenthal: Calais Campbell among NFL's most underrated players
- Arizona Cardinals' Andre Ellington tops ESPN list of breakout candidates
- Ron Jaworski: Arizona Cardinals' Carson Palmer 20th-best QB in NFL
- NFL.com writers: Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald 'primed to regress in 2014'
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Friday June 20Keim discusses his players progress so far and his anticipation of future signings.