Arizona Cardinals' Carson Palmer, Larry Fitzgerald expect tough challenge from Seattle CBs
All-Pro Richard Sherman stands 6-foot-3, as does his partner in crime, third-year man Brandon Browner.
But they're not just big. They're physical, as well.
Quarterback Carson Palmer and the Arizona Cardinals' offense will face off against Sherman, Browner and the rest of the vaunted Seahawks' defense Thursday night at University of Phoenix Stadium in Glendale.
The veteran quarterback thinks that his receivers will need to match the muscle of Seattle's defensive duo to be successful.
"You've got to be physical with them," Palmer said following Tuesday's practice in Tempe. "They're going to grab and hold and they're going to play very physical. They're very long, you've got to fight back.
"And if they're going to let guys play like they did last week and let the grabbing go on and let it be a physical game, we've got to match their physicality and at times, just win."
In the last meeting between the two teams last December in Seattle, Sherman feasted on Cardinals quarterback John Skelton, picking off two passes and returning one for a score in a 58-0 blowout. Sherman has four interceptions in four career games against the Cardinals.
Wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald is quite aware of the reputation of Seattle's secondary.
"They're a great challenge for us, they have a lot of talented players, not only in the secondary, but across the board," he said.
But Palmer has some words of encouragement for his receivers heading into the Thursday night affair.
"You've got to win those one-on-one matchups and when (they're) hanging on you and grabbing on you and pulling you down, you've got to make those tough, kind of grimy catches that coach is always talking about that probably aren't going to get called."
Vince Marotta, Co-host - Bickley & Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Monday July 28Lorenzo Alexander gives his take on replacing Daryl Washington and praises former teammate London Fl
- Darren Urban, Arizona Cardinals reporter - Monday July 28Cardinals reporter Darren Urban discusses team improvements and which player he thinks will have a b
- Antonio Cromartie, Cardinals defensive back - Monday July 28Antonio Cromartie talks about his expectations for this year's Arizona Cardinals.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Monday July 28Cardinals coach Bruce Arians talks about the first days of training camp and what he's seen from pl
- Dave Pasch, Voice of the Arizona Cardinals - Monday July 28The voice of the Cardinals Dave Pasch shares his first impressions of training camp.