Updated Oct 15, 2013 - 4:07 pm
We know the problem, what's the solution?
Maybe I'm just a typical guy. A guy who wants to fix what is broken.
Yes, it's unnerving that many (not all) San Francisco fans, in their thoughtless stupor, did the wave while medics came to remove Calais Campbell from the field.
Yes, it's classless that many fans in Houston cheered an injury to Matt Schaub and cheered his backup TJ Yates, just as Cardinal fans once did to Kent Graham in favor of Jake Plummer.
Yes, it was a bad weekend for the many fans of the NFL.
The question is, how do we fix it?
No really, think about it for a moment, how do we legislate class and honor?
You can't ban booze from the stadiums; the corporate sponsorship implications alone make this an impossibility.
You could encourage more fans to "report" those sitting around them; silly idea though. You're going to kick somebody out of the stadium for booing? For doing the wave?
I want to fix the problem, not sit around and complain about it. And that's the rub, I can't think of a solution.
I don't want to indict every fan who goes to every game. The vast majority of you just want to be entertained; a good game, good times with friends, heckle or boo for the fun of it, have a few pops. Nothing wrong with that. And I'm certain most of you reading this fall into that category.
The matter is likely one of tolerance. If you have none, your best bet might be staying at home.
Dave Burns, Co-host of Burns & Gambo
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Brown sits out, Starks adds depth, Abraham will be in camp 'soon'
- Arizona Cardinals sign rookie free agent LB Derrell Johnson
- Arizona Cardinals bring in veteran Max Starks for depth, not to replace Bobby Massie
- Arizona Cardinals sign tackle Max Starks, release two
- Arizona Cardinals running back Jonathan Dwyer relishing opportunity in the desert
- Bob McManaman, azcentral sports writer - Friday August 1azcentral sports writer Bob McManaman joins the show at Cardinals training camp.
- John Brown, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 1Cardinals rookie wide receiver John Brown says he is different from other rookies.
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 1Are the fortunes of the Arizona Cardinals changing?
- Doug & Wolf Impromptu Power Poll - Friday August 1Doug & Wolf's top 5 things to look for at Cardinals' Fan Fest.
- Jonathan Dwyer, Arizona Cardinals RB - Friday August 1Cardinals RB Jonathan Dwyer talks about coming to a new team.