Updated Oct 15, 2013 - 4:07 pm
We know the problem, what's the solution?
Maybe I'm just a typical guy. A guy who wants to fix what is broken.
Yes, it's unnerving that many (not all) San Francisco fans, in their thoughtless stupor, did the wave while medics came to remove Calais Campbell from the field.
Yes, it's classless that many fans in Houston cheered an injury to Matt Schaub and cheered his backup TJ Yates, just as Cardinal fans once did to Kent Graham in favor of Jake Plummer.
Yes, it was a bad weekend for the many fans of the NFL.
The question is, how do we fix it?
No really, think about it for a moment, how do we legislate class and honor?
You can't ban booze from the stadiums; the corporate sponsorship implications alone make this an impossibility.
You could encourage more fans to "report" those sitting around them; silly idea though. You're going to kick somebody out of the stadium for booing? For doing the wave?
I want to fix the problem, not sit around and complain about it. And that's the rub, I can't think of a solution.
I don't want to indict every fan who goes to every game. The vast majority of you just want to be entertained; a good game, good times with friends, heckle or boo for the fun of it, have a few pops. Nothing wrong with that. And I'm certain most of you reading this fall into that category.
The matter is likely one of tolerance. If you have none, your best bet might be staying at home.
Dave Burns, Co-host of Burns & Gambo
- Walt Powell claimed by New York Jets
- How the West Was Won - Week 1
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals' offense will offset losses on defense, lead team to a winning record
- Cardinals awarded waiver claim on OLB Thomas Keiser, waive rookie WR Walt Powell
- Bauman, Golden, Sopoaga, Hardy among Arizona Cardinals' final roster cuts
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 29The Arizona Cardinals and San Diego Chargers played one of the most pointless games in NFL history l
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.