Cards' Campbell 'hopeful' for Thursday after scary injury
"He came bouncing in the room this morning and it put a lot of smiles on our guys' faces," Arians told Arizona Sports 620's Bickley and Marotta Monday. "It relieved everybody."
Campbell suffered what the team is calling a bruised spine when his head collided with linebacker Karlos Dansby's hip at the line of scrimmage in the fourth quarter. Campbell said the injury felt like a stinger, but a tingling sensation that extended to his feet led to a precautionary trip to a San Francisco hospital. Campbell was released late Sunday night and was expected to participate in the Cardinals' walkthrough Monday.
Arians said that Campbell will be required to undergo additional tests in order to be cleared for Thursday's game against Seattle, adding that "Even if you're the last guy on the roster, we're not sticking out there if we don't think you're 100 percent healthy and ready to go."
Campbell said he felt sore Monday, but not much more than he typically does the day after a game.
"It was a scary moment for a second," Campbell said. "But once I was able to move, I felt pretty good. It's one of those things where you never expect to be in that situation, but I feel pretty good now."
- With Jared Veldheer signing, Steve Keim has done it again
- Numbers say Jared Veldheer is a big pickup for the Arizona Cardinals
- Team broadcaster 'mystified' that Raiders let Jared Veldheer go to Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals benefit from the Carson Palmer effect
- It's official: Arizona Cardinals re-sign trio of players, release Daryn Colledge
- Tom Flores, Oakland Raiders radio color commentator - Tuesday March 11Tom Flores discusses Cardinals signing of left tackle Jared Veldheer.
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday March 11Is Jim Harbaugh still welcome in San Francisco?
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Monday March 10Kent Somers talks all things Cardinals free agency.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.