Cards' Campbell 'hopeful' for Thursday after scary injury
"He came bouncing in the room this morning and it put a lot of smiles on our guys' faces," Arians told Arizona Sports 620's Bickley and Marotta Monday. "It relieved everybody."
Campbell suffered what the team is calling a bruised spine when his head collided with linebacker Karlos Dansby's hip at the line of scrimmage in the fourth quarter. Campbell said the injury felt like a stinger, but a tingling sensation that extended to his feet led to a precautionary trip to a San Francisco hospital. Campbell was released late Sunday night and was expected to participate in the Cardinals' walkthrough Monday.
Arians said that Campbell will be required to undergo additional tests in order to be cleared for Thursday's game against Seattle, adding that "Even if you're the last guy on the roster, we're not sticking out there if we don't think you're 100 percent healthy and ready to go."
Campbell said he felt sore Monday, but not much more than he typically does the day after a game.
"It was a scary moment for a second," Campbell said. "But once I was able to move, I felt pretty good. It's one of those things where you never expect to be in that situation, but I feel pretty good now."
- Christian Tupou, Kevin Cone, Dominique Williams added to Arizona Cardinals' practice squad
- New Arizona Cardinals LB Thomas Keiser: I wanted to go pass rush for somebody
- Former Arizona Cardinals quarterback Max Hall arrested on shoplifting, drug charges
- Arizona Cardinals' GM Steve Keim: Jonathan Cooper will be great for the team
- Arizona Cardinals GM Steve Keim: 'I'm never done' building the roster
- Bruce Arians- Cardinals head coach - Tuesday September 2Bruce Arians thinks the NFC West has gotten stronger in 2014.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday September 2Will the NFL suspend 49ers' defensive end Ray McDonald?
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Tuesday September 2It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi!
- Steve Keim - Arizona Cardinals GM - Tuesday September 2Steve Keim discusses whether or not the Cardinals roster is set.
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves