Cards' Campbell 'hopeful' for Thursday after scary injury
"He came bouncing in the room this morning and it put a lot of smiles on our guys' faces," Arians told Arizona Sports 620's Bickley and Marotta Monday. "It relieved everybody."
Campbell suffered what the team is calling a bruised spine when his head collided with linebacker Karlos Dansby's hip at the line of scrimmage in the fourth quarter. Campbell said the injury felt like a stinger, but a tingling sensation that extended to his feet led to a precautionary trip to a San Francisco hospital. Campbell was released late Sunday night and was expected to participate in the Cardinals' walkthrough Monday.
Arians said that Campbell will be required to undergo additional tests in order to be cleared for Thursday's game against Seattle, adding that "Even if you're the last guy on the roster, we're not sticking out there if we don't think you're 100 percent healthy and ready to go."
Campbell said he felt sore Monday, but not much more than he typically does the day after a game.
"It was a scary moment for a second," Campbell said. "But once I was able to move, I felt pretty good. It's one of those things where you never expect to be in that situation, but I feel pretty good now."
- A disappointed Darnell Dockett: Karlos Dansby 'chased the money'
- Arizona Cardinals 'bought right in' to offseason strength and conditioning program
- Arizona Cardinals' Dockett: 'Anything less than the playoffs is a failure'
- Thoughts on the 2014 Arizona Cardinals schedule
- Arizona Cardinals president Michael Bidwill on schedule: NFL 'gave us a lot of respect'
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals president - Thursday April 24What goes into the Cardinalsí draft preparation?
- Mark Schlereth, ESPN NFL analyst - Tuesday April 22ESPN NFL analyst Mark Schlereth talks about the NFL Draft.
- Terry McDonough, Cardinals VP of player personnel - Tuesday April 22Who will the Cardinals draft with their first-round pick?
- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals wide receiver - Tuesday April 22How are the Cardinals getting better in the offseason?
- Derek Carr- Fresno State quarterback - Monday April 21Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr talks about the NFL Draft.