Forbes: Cards' Fitzgerald NFL's most-liked player
Forbes' list is based on several surveys from E-Poll Market Research, which tracks the marketing powers of celebrities by "measuring dozens of attributes including awareness, likability, and other perceived qualities like influence, talent and confidence."
But for Forbes' purposes, it just focused on likability and awareness -- "who do do people ‘like' or ‘like a lot' among NFL players" -- and Fitzgerald ran away with first place by earning a whopping 74 percent. The Vikings' Adrian Peterson was second with 64 percent.
Fitzgerald's likable personality is nothing new to those familiar with the Arizona sports scene. He often takes offseason trips around the world planned around charitable opportunities, and according to a 2012 Sports Illustrated article, Fitzgerald has traveled through 80 countries on every continent but Antarctica.
The 10-year pro out of the University of Pittsburgh has also gone on a number of USO Tours, and he's working toward fulfilling a promise to his mother and earning a college degree through the University of Phoenix.
- Arizona Cardinals linebacker Larry Foote says defense is good enough to overcome Darnell Dockett injury
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 22, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals' DE Calais Campbell: Dockett injury 'sucks,' others need to step up
- A game-time decision, Jonathan Cooper going through learning experience with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals RB Andre Ellington bulks up in anticipation of harder hits this season
- Peter King, SI.com senior NFL writer - Friday August 22Peter King thinks Carson Palmer could have a big year for the Cardinals.
- Michael Floyd, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 22Michael Floyd says he thinks he can be the best wide receiver in the NFL.
- Jared Veldheer, Cardinals tackle - Friday August 22Jared Veldheer talks about his road from a Division II college to the NFL.
- Bob McManaman- Arizona Republic senior sportswriter - Friday August 22Bob McManaman believes that Jay Feely is in danger of getting cut from the Cardinals.
- Andre Ellington- Cardinals running back - Friday August 22Andre Ellington looks forward to a break out year with the Arizona Cardinals.