Updated Oct 14, 2013 - 8:43 am
Arizona Cardinals' Calais Campbell returns to Phoenix
Great news: Calais @Campbell93 was released from Bay Area hospital late last night & has returned home to AZ.— MarkDalton (@CardsMarkD) October 14, 2013
Campbell was injured in the fourth quarter of the Cardinals' 32-20 loss to the San Francisco 49ers Sunday at Candlestick Park.
"The good news is that Calais was released last night from the Stanford hospital," Cardinals general manager Steve Keim told Doug and Wolf on Arizona Sports 620 Monday. "We got him back late last night and were updated that he will be in meetings (Monday) morning. We still have a few items to review with the x-rays and the MRI, but everything, at this point, looks positive."
Campbell experienced numbness and tingling in his extremities following the play, but didn't lose motion. He gave a "thumbs-up" sign as he left the field on a stretcher.
I want to give a big thank you for all the support and kind words today. I am feeling good and anxious to return! #appreciatethelove— Calais Campbell (@Campbell93) October 14, 2013
The six-year veteran from Miami has registered 18 total tackles and 3.5 quarterback sacks this season.
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 1, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals LB John Abraham releases statement on June DUI arrest
- Arizona Cardinals' Jay Feely on proposal to push PATs back: 'There's going to be a lot more injuries'
- Cardinals rookie receiver John Brown doing more than relying on physical talents in training camp
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Brown sits out, Starks adds depth, Abraham will be in camp 'soon'
- Kareem Martin, Arizona Cardinals defensive end - Friday August 1Arizona Cardinals’ defensive end Kareem Martin speaks on his first NFL training camp experience.
- Tony Jefferson, Arizona Cardinals safety - Friday August 1Arizona Cardinals’ safety Tony Jefferson discusses training camp improvements.
- Bob McManaman, azcentral sports writer - Friday August 1azcentral sports writer Bob McManaman joins the show at Cardinals training camp.
- John Brown, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 1Cardinals rookie wide receiver John Brown says he is different from other rookies.
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 1Are the fortunes of the Arizona Cardinals changing?