Initial medical tests on Cardinals defensive end Calais Campbell 'have been positive'
That's because in the fourth quarter of Sunday's 32-20 loss in San Francisco, defensive end Calais Campbell was injured during a collision and had to be taken off on a stretcher.
The first reports out of Candlestick Park indicated that the sixth-year veteran could move all of his extremities but was also feeling numbness and tingling.
According to Cardinals' VP of Media Relations Mark Dalton, Campbell was taken to a nearby hospital after the game to undergo precautionary MRI & CT scans.
Dalton later tweeted that initial tests on Campbell have been positive but that the former Pro Bowler will still require further evaluation.
The team plans to provide more information on Campbell's status as it becomes available.
Campbell has 18 tackles and 3.5 sacks in six games this season.
- Arizona Cardinals' Deone Bucannon supplies the highlight of Tuesday's practice
- Arizona Cardinals RB Stepfan Taylor 'expecting more of a role' in 2014
- Arizona Cardinals training camp: Carson Chats - July 29, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals training camp: All-Access with Bruce Arians - July 29, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals rookie John Brown continues to impress while ignoring the hype
- Justin Bethel, Cardinals cornerback - Tuesday July 29Justin Bethel discusses his role on special teams and how training camp has gone so far.
- Pete Prisco, Senior NFL Columnist - Tuesday July 29Senior NFL columnist for CBS Pete Prisco shares his thoughts on how the Cardinals stack against othe
- Stepfan Taylor, Cardinals running back - Tuesday July 29Cardinals running back Stepfan Taylor talks training camp and his expanded role on offense.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Monday July 28Lorenzo Alexander gives his take on replacing Daryl Washington and praises former teammate London Fl
- Darren Urban, Arizona Cardinals reporter - Monday July 28Cardinals reporter Darren Urban discusses team improvements and which player he thinks will have a b