Initial medical tests on Cardinals defensive end Calais Campbell 'have been positive'
That's because in the fourth quarter of Sunday's 32-20 loss in San Francisco, defensive end Calais Campbell was injured during a collision and had to be taken off on a stretcher.
The first reports out of Candlestick Park indicated that the sixth-year veteran could move all of his extremities but was also feeling numbness and tingling.
According to Cardinals' VP of Media Relations Mark Dalton, Campbell was taken to a nearby hospital after the game to undergo precautionary MRI & CT scans.
Dalton later tweeted that initial tests on Campbell have been positive but that the former Pro Bowler will still require further evaluation.
The team plans to provide more information on Campbell's status as it becomes available.
Campbell has 18 tackles and 3.5 sacks in six games this season.
- With Jared Veldheer signing, Steve Keim has done it again
- Numbers say Jared Veldheer is a big pickup for the Arizona Cardinals
- Team broadcaster 'mystified' that Raiders let Jared Veldheer go to Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals benefit from the Carson Palmer effect
- It's official: Arizona Cardinals re-sign trio of players, release Daryn Colledge
- Tom Flores, Oakland Raiders radio color commentator - Tuesday March 11Tom Flores discusses Cardinals signing of left tackle Jared Veldheer.
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday March 11Is Jim Harbaugh still welcome in San Francisco?
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Monday March 10Kent Somers talks all things Cardinals free agency.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.