Initial medical tests on Cardinals defensive end Calais Campbell 'have been positive'
That's because in the fourth quarter of Sunday's 32-20 loss in San Francisco, defensive end Calais Campbell was injured during a collision and had to be taken off on a stretcher.
The first reports out of Candlestick Park indicated that the sixth-year veteran could move all of his extremities but was also feeling numbness and tingling.
According to Cardinals' VP of Media Relations Mark Dalton, Campbell was taken to a nearby hospital after the game to undergo precautionary MRI & CT scans.
Dalton later tweeted that initial tests on Campbell have been positive but that the former Pro Bowler will still require further evaluation.
The team plans to provide more information on Campbell's status as it becomes available.
Campbell has 18 tackles and 3.5 sacks in six games this season.
- Report: Cardinals LB John Abraham arrested, charged with DUI in Georgia in June
- Notes from the Nest: July 28, 2014
- Cardinals' Jonathan Cooper: 'I felt OK' after first practice with pads
- Cardinals WR Michael Floyd on 2014 training camp: 'Everything comes faster'
- Teddy Williams looking to make Arizona Cardinals as a cornerback
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Monday July 28Lorenzo Alexander gives his take on replacing Daryl Washington and praises former teammate London Fl
- Darren Urban, Arizona Cardinals reporter - Monday July 28Cardinals reporter Darren Urban discusses team improvements and which player he thinks will have a b
- Antonio Cromartie, Cardinals defensive back - Monday July 28Antonio Cromartie talks about his expectations for this year's Arizona Cardinals.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Monday July 28Cardinals coach Bruce Arians talks about the first days of training camp and what he's seen from pl
- Dave Pasch, Voice of the Arizona Cardinals - Monday July 28The voice of the Cardinals Dave Pasch shares his first impressions of training camp.