Initial medical tests on Cardinals defensive end Calais Campbell 'have been positive'
That's because in the fourth quarter of Sunday's 32-20 loss in San Francisco, defensive end Calais Campbell was injured during a collision and had to be taken off on a stretcher.
The first reports out of Candlestick Park indicated that the sixth-year veteran could move all of his extremities but was also feeling numbness and tingling.
According to Cardinals' VP of Media Relations Mark Dalton, Campbell was taken to a nearby hospital after the game to undergo precautionary MRI & CT scans.
Dalton later tweeted that initial tests on Campbell have been positive but that the former Pro Bowler will still require further evaluation.
The team plans to provide more information on Campbell's status as it becomes available.
Campbell has 18 tackles and 3.5 sacks in six games this season.
- Christian Tupou, Kevin Cone, Dominique Williams added to Arizona Cardinals' practice squad
- New Arizona Cardinals LB Thomas Keiser: I wanted to go pass rush for somebody
- Former Arizona Cardinals quarterback Max Hall arrested on shoplifting, drug charges
- Arizona Cardinals' GM Steve Keim: Jonathan Cooper will be great for the team
- Arizona Cardinals GM Steve Keim: 'I'm never done' building the roster
- Bruce Arians- Cardinals head coach - Tuesday September 2Bruce Arians thinks the NFC West has gotten stronger in 2014.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday September 2Will the NFL suspend 49ers' defensive end Ray McDonald?
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Tuesday September 2It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi!
- Steve Keim - Arizona Cardinals GM - Tuesday September 2Steve Keim discusses whether or not the Cardinals roster is set.
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves