Updated Oct 9, 2013 - 8:30 am
Arizona Cardinals' Bruce Arians doesn't want to be included in Hard Knocks
The show recently concluded its eighth season, with the Cincinnati Bengals as the focus of the program.
Earlier this week, the NFL announced they'll be able to force teams to participate in future seasons of the program should no franchise volunteer to be featured.
Arizona Cardinals' head coach Bruce Arians wants nothing to do with it.
"I think it's a total distraction, and I think it's an embarrassment to players," Arians said in an interview on SiriusXM NFL Radio. "I think when players are released, some of the things that are said between coaches and players are too personal, and nobody else's business."
The league did offer exemptions to teams to allow them to avoid being picked. Teams with first-year head coaches, teams that have been in the postseason at least once in the last two seasons and teams that have been featured on Hard Knocks in the last decade would be exempt.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL Insider - Tuesday August 26Mike Sando takes us inside the NFL headlines.
- Who impressed/Who depressed - Monday August 25Vince praises Arizona's newest football dynasty.