Arizona Cardinals release receiver Kerry Taylor
They were his first career NFL receptions.
He has not caught a pass since, and Tuesday the team announced it has released the former Arizona State Sun Devil.
Along with the Cardinals, the 24-year-old Taylor has spent time with the Green Bay Packers, New England Patriots, San Francisco 49ers and Minnesota Vikings.
The Cardinals parted with Taylor to make room for receiver Brittan Golden to be elevated from the practice squad to the 53-man active roster.
Golden, who joined the team's practice squad on Sept. 17, finished second in West Texas A&M school history with 3,007 receiving yards and fifth with 165 receptions. He also scored 33 touchdowns.
Arizona also signed linebacker Orie Lemon to its practice squad while releasing linebacker Bruce Taylor and receiver Devon Wylie from their practice squad.
- A 'confident' Andre Ellington excited about increased role with Arizona Cardinals
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Fighting not tolerated in Cardinals camp
- Antonio Cromartie: Arizona Cardinals ‘most talented secondary' he has been a part of
- Arizona Cardinals' GM Steve Keim: Bobby Massie in 'best shape of his career'
- Personnel and penumbras
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Monday July 28Lorenzo Alexander gives his take on replacing Daryl Washington and praises former teammate London Fl
- Darren Urban, Arizona Cardinals reporter - Monday July 28Cardinals reporter Darren Urban discusses team improvements and which player he thinks will have a b
- Antonio Cromartie, Cardinals defensive back - Monday July 28Antonio Cromartie talks about his expectations for this year's Arizona Cardinals.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Monday July 28Cardinals coach Bruce Arians talks about the first days of training camp and what he's seen from pl
- Dave Pasch, Voice of the Arizona Cardinals - Monday July 28The voice of the Cardinals Dave Pasch shares his first impressions of training camp.