Arizona Cardinals release receiver Kerry Taylor
They were his first career NFL receptions.
He has not caught a pass since, and Tuesday the team announced it has released the former Arizona State Sun Devil.
Along with the Cardinals, the 24-year-old Taylor has spent time with the Green Bay Packers, New England Patriots, San Francisco 49ers and Minnesota Vikings.
The Cardinals parted with Taylor to make room for receiver Brittan Golden to be elevated from the practice squad to the 53-man active roster.
Golden, who joined the team's practice squad on Sept. 17, finished second in West Texas A&M school history with 3,007 receiving yards and fifth with 165 receptions. He also scored 33 touchdowns.
Arizona also signed linebacker Orie Lemon to its practice squad while releasing linebacker Bruce Taylor and receiver Devon Wylie from their practice squad.
- Cardinals Sunday Night Football game against Bengals sold out
- All-Access with Arians: Running game is fine, defense is better than last year
- John Abraham feels good after first practice, confident he'll be ready soon
- Arizona Cardinals release DT Anthony McCloud
- Forbes: Larry Fitzgerald among most overpaid players in NFL
- Deone Bucannon- Cardinals safety - Thursday August 21Deone Bucannon talks about finding his role on the Cardinals' defense.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 21Bruce Arians loves the look of his defense at this point in training camp.
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals DE - Thursday August 21Calais talks about the state of the Cardinals defense.
- Lyle Sendlein, Cardinals center - Wednesday August 20Lyle Sendlein talks about coming back from his injury and the loss of Darnell Dockett.
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.