Report: Cardinals' Yeremiah Bell, Darnell Dockett fined by NFL
Bell was penalized for a hit on Tampa Bay tight end Tim Wright, although replays showed the hit was clean.
Cardinals head coach Bruce Arians also thought Bell's hit was by the book.
"It was everything that they just sent a video out, the league office, on how to do it right," Arians said on The Dan Bickley Show with Vince Marotta Monday on Arizona Sports 620. "And he did it right, and yet, they still make the call."
Not only did they make the call, which cost the Cardinals 15 yards on a drive that ended in a field goal for Tampa Bay, but Bell is also a little lighter in the wallet because of it.
Dockett was flagged for a horse collar tackle on Buccaneers' quarterback Mike Glennon in the third quarter and later for a taunting penalty.
- Arizona Cardinals to host Fan Fest this weekend
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Extra points experiment will be fun, may add excitement
- Locking up Patrick Peterson was a great move by the Cardinals
- Kenny Demens making plays while looking to make Arizona Cardinals roster
- Arizona Cardinals Patrick Peterson ‘earned' right to be highest paid CB
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Wednesday July 30NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner discusses Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals cornerback - Wednesday July 30Arizona Cardinals' defensive cornerback Patrick Peterson discusses his new contract extension.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.
- Justin Bethel, Cardinals cornerback - Tuesday July 29Justin Bethel discusses his role on special teams and how training camp has gone so far.